Signal lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal lights

What are some ideas you guys have used for front signal lights? The rear ones I've got covered

I see legacy bolts on a housing to the fender. Don't really like that. My thoughts so far are a H4 conversion housing and adding a bright led to the housing. It would work during the day since I won't be running DRL's but at night it might not do much

Some original, accessory applications drilled the front fender and mounted them on top. I would never do that, but I suppose if I acquired a truck that way I might leave it.

Some use new light assemblies and others use vintage. It depends on the look you want.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I don't really want them seen is the problem, even the vintage ones mounted up top look out of place to me. So far my plan is to incorporate them into the headlights unless some one has a better solution

Comment

You could use the cowl lights as turnsignals

I think someone had a kit to do that

Comment

How about behind the grill?
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

The headlights are H-4 Halogen headlights with amber LED turn signals/ marker lights (Item # AUT6001C from Street Rod Headquarters).
            I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
            Will
            WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
            1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
            1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
            1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
            2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Originally posted by Leon in PA View Post
              I think someone had a kit to do that
              Thought of that but talked to a friend who does vehicle inspections and he said they won't pass being that far back
              Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
              How about behind the grill?
              A good idea!

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post

The headlights are H-4 Halogen headlights with amber LED turn signals/ marker lights (Item # AUT6001C from Street Rod Headquarters).
              Perfect that's exactly what I need! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by gyman98 View Post
                What are some ideas you guys have used for front signal lights? The rear ones I've got covered

I see legacy bolts on a housing to the fender. Don't really like that. My thoughts so far are a H4 conversion housing and adding a bright led to the housing. It would work during the day since I won't be running DRL's but at night it might not do much
                I made some very simple brackets that utilize an existing bolt in the grill/radiator guard. It took a little time fabricating, but at least I didn't drill any new holes in my truck, especially on the fender.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Henry View Post

I made some very simple brackets that utilize an existing bolt in the grill/radiator guard. It took a little time fabricating, but at least I didn't drill any new holes in my truck, especially on the fender.
                  That looks good too! I ordered the lights above with the signals built into them. I run h4's with a relay system on the last truck I built and they are very nice!

Comment

I like the concept of the integrated headlight/signal lights, and they do look cool when operating. I thought about them when doing my truck. But I just felt they were a little too modern looking and that the others were more period correct. Just my opinion. They will look great on your truck.

Comment

I agree, yours definetly look more correct.

Mine is going to have a electric winch and intercooler behind the grille so sense worrying about those details anymore!

Here's a pic showing them on and off, pretty cool and I'm sure grateful for you guys taking the time to show me them

Comment

The Model A vendors have signal lights that may be worth looking at if you are looking for a low profile type item.
                        http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/mo...illight?page=1

Comment

I like how they did it on my "future project" truck. Like Jerry's setup by using the existing hole for the grill slats.

You might think about Visibolts as well. They are just gun drilled stainless carriage bolts with a LED light in them. You can get them in Red, amber or clear. I used them on my WC and they are brighter than one would think. You don't even notice them really so if keeping a stock look is what your after, it might be an option for you. One draw back is they don't draw enough to make a standard flasher work with just one bulb and ob=ne visibolt. I ended up putting indicators in some of the stock dash holes so it would pull enough juice to make the flasher work.

Comment

Those visibolts are pretty neat. Could put them across the fender and wire them in a series to make them "run"

There are also led flashers made to work with next to no load. Saves using resistors or a incandescent to make flashers click

Comment

Here's what I did for switches and indicators. I had 4 stock holes I wasn't going to use and made it the turn signal switches and indicators. I really didn't want it on the column anyway so this was okay with me. Ground out some arrows and attached them to toggle switches. Lights remind this old guy they are on!

On the front of the WC I just put amber bulbs in the stock blackout light housings and wired them for turn signals. Militarys didn't have the cowl lamps like Power Wagons had but the blackouts are similar in design.

Comment

Working...
                              X