• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very nice work! Helps when you can access the right tools, makes life a lot easier.

I eventually need to do something similar between my seats, need to get the bed finished first.

Keep the photos coming!

Comment

Looking great! Nice to have friends with tools like that. ;)

Comment

Thanks guys and yes tools like that makes things pretty quick

Comment

Can you give us some info on the brake? Did you find it used, what does a machine like that cost now (ballpark)?
                    Looks like a great tool for fabrication.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
                      Can you give us some info on the brake? Did you find it used, what does a machine like that cost now (ballpark)?
                      The big fancy computerized brake belongs to a friend of mine, my brake is in the picture below. I had to do some reinforcements to it but now it bends pretty good. I made the floor, firewall, stake pockets and console with it. It was about $350.

Comment

Not to hijack this thread, but Dave you may be interested in the brakes my employer manufactures and sells:

http://www.graymachinewelding.com/EZ...cersbrake.html

I can't personally quote prices, but I can say I have inspected all the parts and assemblies that make up these brakes. We sell direct and have distributors all over the country. We also have made a few 4-footers and I have designed 3D models for an 8-footer that could possibly be made to order.

Comment

Clint, That Little Bull is neat, but you know we need a brake that will handle 16 gauge, you need to work on that employer to step uh, ;-)
                          I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                          Will
                          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
                            Clint, That Little Bull is neat, but you know we need a brake that will handle 16 gauge, you need to work on that employer to step uh, ;-)
                            I agree, my little blue bugger was supposed to handle 36" of 16ga. It couldn't handle 18" of 16ga until I reinforced it. The longest I've bent now is the bottom of that console at 31" and it handled it no problem

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
                              Not to hijack this thread, but Dave you may be interested in the brakes my employer manufactures and sells:

http://www.graymachinewelding.com/EZ...cersbrake.html

I can't personally quote prices, but I can say I have inspected all the parts and assemblies that make up these brakes. We sell direct and have distributors all over the country. We also have made a few 4-footers and I have designed 3D models for an 8-footer that could possibly be made to order.
                              Thanks for posting this information, Clint. I will keep it handy for reference. I may follow up on it.
                              I see it lists a maximum thickness of 20 gauge, however? If true that could prove to be a challenge with PW sheet metal?

Comment

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
                                Originally posted by gyman98 View Post
                                I agree, my little blue bugger was supposed to handle 36" of 16ga. It couldn't handle 18" of 16ga until I reinforced it. The longest I've bent now is the bottom of that console at 31" and it handled it no problem
                                Thanks for posting this information, Clint. I will keep it handy for reference. I may follow up on it.
                                I see it lists a maximum thickness of 20 gauge, however? If true that could prove to be a challenge with PW sheet metal?
                                That 20ga rating is based on the assumption that one is bending the maximum length of material - 78" on the 6-1/2 foot brake. Also, one edge of the frog has a .250 radius to bend against and the other edge is a 45 degree knife edge basically. So, if you are using the knife edge, you risk cracking thick material especially if bending with the grain and/or turning up a burr on the edge of the frog. I have seen them put a piece of 1/4 x 2 flat stock in a brake and bend it as a test. The 4-footer is not on the website. Don't know what they would rate that one at, but since the maximum length of material that could be bent would be 48 inches, maybe they would be rated higher? All three lengths share identical size parts. Only the overall lengths change accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X