No announcement yet.

230 Engine exhaust manifold stud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tim for the videos. Ok, so I understand correctly doing the head, intake and exhaust mods along with a mild cam grind gave you the added speed you were looking for? Is everything else stock and this is why you added the brake booster for safety?

Ill be running 4.89 for my axels as I have a set.

Comment

Now that you mention it, I did change my axle gearing to 4.89 as well. By doing all of these changes together as well as minor things such as balancing all internal engine components, drivelines, wheels.... The whole system is working well together. I had been intrigued with changing my brakes to disc, but Doc Dave gave me an opportunity to drive his truck. When I applied his brakes like I would normally do on a manual brake I nearly threw both of us through the windshield :-) That was all I needed to know about brake boosters and I added it to my truck. I wasn't looking to turn my truck into a hot rod or be able to do Interstate speeds, I just wanted a nice running truck that I didn't have to downshift so often on the hills. We all like to add our personal touches to our vehicles and this was my way of doing so. Have fun with yours as well!
      Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
      2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Working...
      X