PW to rescue again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheyenne Dave View Post
    I was thinking of you when I was above tree-line late in July. I found myself going to Summit Co. at the last minute, so I wound up going it alone...well, almost alone!

CD
    Thanks Dave,
    I WILL make it out there sometime in the next 5 years or so with "Kirkwood"!
    Will need to be a 3 week vacation, as about a week is consumed just with travel out and back as you know.
    Great pics.
    BTW, is the only mod I need to do is lean the carb a bit at that altitude?

Comment

Originally posted by wayneh View Post
      Doc:

Looks like you had a blast, and I'm not the jealous type, but frankly I wish we could have joined you. I did go to the Car Show at Koons Ford in Annapolis while you were gone, with the promise they would have a Prius for me to pull with the winch.... They didn't, but we still had fun.

Let me know when you want to join us for some bbq and start on the NP200.

Wayne
      Wayne,
      Will do, this fall/winter. Really looking forward to seeing your craftsmanship at work.
      The next 2 months are hectic for us, including our (younger) son who will be graduating from the Navy OCS program. Also, good news on older son, rehired by defense contractor!

Comment

Dave: Congrats on all fronts, the OCS is a great way to go, and good deal on the contractor position too. I tell folks this all the time: Do something you love and have passion in what you do. Enthusiasm is a force multiplier!

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
          Thanks Dave,
          I WILL make it out there sometime in the next 5 years or so with "Kirkwood"!
          Will need to be a 3 week vacation, as about a week is consumed just with travel out and back as you know.
          Great pics.
          BTW, is the only mod I need to do is lean the carb a bit at that altitude?
          More than likely just a slight advance in timing...

CD
          1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
          1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
          2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
          1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
          1954 Ford 860 tractor
          1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
          UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Thanks for that, Dave.
            BTW, I wonder what the scientific reason for the slight advance is, at that altitude?
            Could it be that with the thin air, the explosive process take a little longer making it better that the spark occurs a little sooner in the cycle?

Comment

Timing

Doc-

Don't think there is a scientific reason, Dave just wants your timing to be more advanced than five years.
              Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
              2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

haha,
                I also wish that my timing was more "advanced".
                As a consolation, I will be attending the WV rally in October, which is in a very beautiful part of that state.
                Much closer for me.

Comment

Where and when is the rally?

Comment

Sent you an email.
                    I don't know if Dave Horvath has posted it to the website yet.

Comment

congrats

Hey Doc Dave - you know I have a Navy background also - what's your son going to do in the Navy?

Comment

Maury,
                        Sent you an email to your gmail account.

Comment

Working...
                        X