Power Wagon mud race truck build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger side before second spot coat tonight

The wind blew the delivery driver in today with my new shocks.

I took a picture with the new shocks next to my old bilstein 5160's that I have been using. I'm not going to be able to get my full use of the shocks until I get some new springs built for the truck, but I don't like rebuying stuff and try to plan ahead.

Just 5 weeks left till the first race.

Comment

• Last night and today, I sanded, sanded some more and then sanded again. The cab is almost done with all the major filling. I have two more spots with regular filler on them left to sand in the morning. I started with the finish putty tonight on the roof. I have half of it done and sanded smooth with 140 grit. After I finish the rest of the roof with finish to 140, then i'll hit it and all the other areas with some 400. The half of the roof I have done to 140 looks ****ed good considering what I started with.
      I'm hoping to get all the finish coat on it tomorrow, and sanded down. Will see if I can get the primer shot to seal it or not.

I did get the tighter 90 from UPS Friday. So I need to figure out if that will work or not. If it doesn't, then I guess i'm going to attempt to route the turbo inlet into the cab of the truck. Will be tricky because my W2A is in that area as well.

Comment

• Comment

• After all the sanding, 2 gallons of filler and a quart of finish putty, I was able to get two coats of primer onto the truck tonight. It looks way better than it did when I started on it. I'm going to go over it tomorrow night when I get home from work and start wet sanding on it to get it ready for color. I'm hoping to have the wet sanding done tomorrow night and if nothing really bad shows up during that, then I plan on doing the color Tuesday after I get off work if it's warm enough.

While I was shooting primer on the cab, I went ahead and finished up my son's front fenders in primer as well. They are ready to have color shot on the inside and then they can be bolted on the truck.

Comment

• First coat of primer

Comment

• 91's front fenders

Comment

• Second coat of primer

Comment

• Comment

• Tonight I wet sanded the truck down with 400 grit wet/dry and it's looking really good. I did go through the primer in a few places working out the imperfections, so I'm going to take a break during the day tomorrow and shoot a new coat of primer on the truck around lunch time so I can get it wet sanded with some 600 grit around 4 tomorrow and then lay on 3 coats of color. I'm getting itchy to see what it's going to look like.

Comment

• Originally posted by NakeDiesel View Post
                      This picture size much better; eliminates horizontal scrolling!
                      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

• Sorry about that, I run my computers 1900x1600 resolution, so I don't have scrolling issues. Flickr where I host the images changed their interface for grabbing the url's on the pictures, so my picture sizes have been all over the place.

Comment

• I am not scolding you, it's a great thread, and much viewed, as you can see from the numbers!

Comment

• It is indeed a great thread. I like larger pictures as I can see more details, but for others with limited screen size or band width connection issues I can see the problem.

Gordon, Doesn't the vBulletin software support a Auto-ReSize feature that will show is smaller (~600x400) and allow those like me to click it and see if full size?
                            I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                            Will
                            WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                            1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                            1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                            1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                            2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

• Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
                              It is indeed a great thread. I like larger pictures as I can see more details, but for others with limited screen size or band width connection issues I can see the problem.

Gordon, Doesn't the vBulletin software support a Auto-ReSize feature that will show is smaller (~600x400) and allow those like me to click it and see if full size?
                              Will, you ask two questions. Vbulletin does have a bit of an auto resize for initial placement, but it is a one time thing. There are no after-the-fact options for size. I find a best initial sie for posting, in the interest of fitting most folks screens is an image width of 900 pixels.

Wide images and accompanying, wide text requires [annoying] scrolling to see all.

Comment

• Last coat of primer has been shot and just finished wet sanding it with 600 grit paper. Going to go out in a little bit and start cleaning the cab so I can start getting it painted this evening after I pick my son up from the votech bus.

Comment

Working...
                                X