No announcement yet.

Aussie Power Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you having email problems Greg? I have been trying to reach you.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiecowboy View Post
      Are you having email problems Greg? I have been trying to reach you.
      I have mate. For a bit over a week now but hopefully functional on Monday.
      Try waspworks at bigpond dot com in the meantime.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Greg.

Comment

For those interested, I did get new Michelin XZL tyres, I'm still waiting on a tube to mount the spare. I have been driving it around a bit which is a hoot but I'm glad I ordered the 4.89 gear sets.

Comment

The picture with all the gum trees reminds me of when we lived by the leave in Cobram. It's a beautiful spot that I want to return to. Jim

Comment

Cobram is a very nice spot, it's the next big town upriver from me, you're sure on the other side of the earth now! If I had been standing on the other side of the truck with the camera you'd see the river in the background.

Comment

I couldn't help going to Google Earth to see the river. That's one long river. Do you know how long it is? It looks like it flows into Lake Alexander?

Comment

She's exactly 1562 miles long, a very beautiful river. It eventually flows into the sea, via Lake Alexandrina.

Comment

I see this thread is a few years old now so was wondering how both the trucks mentioned are going ? Im in perth also so was wondering has greg got his on the road yet ? im looking at buying one so its good to see a few in Oz.

Comment

My truck is still going strong after almost burning to the ground, DO NOT trust a Chinese Lucas regulator knock off. I still haven't done the ring and pinion change out so not using it as much as I'd like, just too slow on the road.

I haven't spoken to Greg for a long time but as far as I'm aware his truck is still unfinished, he has been travelling quite extensively.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. good to hear you still have it in one piece. have had the same thing happen but with an original lucas reg, lucky I had side cutters in the back lol. what sort of speed will your truck do ? ive heard 60kms is about where they like to cruise ?

Comment

Yeah, 60 would be top end for cruising.

Comment

Do you know what the weight of your truck is ?

Comment

Not a clue

Comment

Hi, I just came across this thread and am wondering if any of you guys with ex R.A.A.F Power Wagons found chassis numbers? I recently purchased an ex RAAF Early Response PW & cannot find a number anywhere...in fact it has no ID tags on it at all.

Regards Bruce

Comment

Would have had a Chrysler tag in the firewall originally. I think I did find a chassis number for Rego but it was a few years ago now, will have to look on the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X