Door window styles, wing vent or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door window styles, wing vent or not

I have two 1948 Power Wagons. They do not have the wing vents in the doors. I had the truck without wing vents for several years before I even knew there were Power Wagons with wing vents.

I think I like the doors with no wing vents. It is easier to drive with your arm sticking out the window. What do you prefer?

A poll like this is something you can do in a thread. Maybe you have an interesting poll you have considered and would like to try.
    I like doors with the wing vent.
    59.82%
    I like doors without the wing vent.
    27.68%
    I like them both the same.
    12.50%
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

My truck has the wings but no glass :-) . If I ever get some glass in it I will have to check out the arm thing :-) Kurt

Comment

The arm thing is so great.... I have a truck door in my shop. I have considered painting it, lettering some appropriate logo on it, and taking it to the Iowa Rally.

I would give my banquet speech through the window. I would have to sit on a chair next to the door, and look and speak through the window.

Comment

I'd Come West 4 That

Gordon,
        That would be a hoot, as a chef, I would have to come out of the kitchen for your speech. I've done that a lot in the past, worked some very cool places. I used to cook for the Baltimore Colts visiting team, man those guys could put away the groceries!!

Gordon, why don't you have a picture struck of that image?
        Happy 4th,

Comment

I am not a big one for pictures of me.... but, I should get that door out and pursue the idea. I need to make a stand to hold the door up so I could sit next to it. Actually, it would have to be elevated, so I could be seen during the speech.

At the Iowa Rally banquet this year, there was a beautiful little doll who was one of the servers. I told Dave Butler I wanted to take her home with me. He said he did not think it would be a problem, but I am not confident he had really investigated it adequately before offering that opinion.

I wish there was a banquet down there soon, so I could see her again....

Comment

Maybe Not Your Picture

Gordon,
            What about mounting/welding the door on to a dolly? Slick paint job or antiqued with the PWA logo, charge a buck to get your picture taken in the window? I think that little waitress might even like it!
            NTJMHO,

Comment

That is a fun idea....

Comment

I dont like doors at all...

They seem so confining.... like socks and wristwatches.
                Unfortunatly in the time and place where I live all three seem to be required.

Comment

It is good to have doors in winter.

When I first started the chase, looking for a Power Wagon, I talked to a farmer about his Power Wagon. It was his work truck, and it showed, believe me.

Every summer he took the doors off, because he said it was cooler that way. In the Fall he put them back on for the coming winter. He said it did not have much of a heater (aren't we surprised...?), but the doors sure helped.

Comment

Hey Gordon,
                    I posted to this last night, it ain't here anymore? I can do it again, no problem! One of my club mate's removes the doors to his M-37 every spring/summer, he uses a safety strap mounted similar to a WWII Jeep. It looks like,(probly is)the same eye ring, that the cargo strap attaches to. It mounts to the dash, just inside the door pilar, hey, free air conditioning!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                      Hey Gordon,
                      I posted to this last night, it ain't here anymore? I can do it again, no problem! One of my club mate's removes the doors to his M-37 every spring/summer, he uses a safety strap mounted similar to a WWII Jeep. It looks like,(probly is)the same eye ring, that the cargo strap attaches to. It mounts to the dash, just inside the door pilar, hey, free air conditioning!
                      Did you actually see your post in place? I have no explanation. There was not any sort of technological hiccup last night that I am aware of, and we did not do any administrative work on the site that would have done that.

I am glad you posted again....

Comment

Never Saw It

Gordon,
                        No problem on this end, realized it this morning, so I did it again.

Comment

I have Wing Windows in my 48

Gordon; I have Wing Windows in my 48 PW no problem putting my arm out the window? There isn't a post there to get in the way. I also like being able to open the Wing only when I don't want a ton of air coming in the window like when doing 50 mph when it is cool out. Mark H.

Comment

Gordon,

My '53 has vent windows, the sad part is you do have to open it to get you're arm out. I also like it because it helps to pull air in. Having never had non vent doors, I don't know which would be better.

I like the idea of the door at the banquet. I agree it would be great to have a pic taken behind the door. I was not at the banquet this year, so I missed the little honey you so much admired......bummer.

Roy

Comment

Door?

Can a wing vent door be changed over to a full glass door?
                              I'm looking for a rust free door and the only thing I can find in this area is the vent window door.
                              I like the none vent window, that cab is small and I like the open space feeling.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X