Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Door?

Originally posted by Terry in Bozrah
    Can a wing vent door be changed over to a full glass door?
    I'm looking for a rust free door and the only thing I can find in this area is the vent window door.
    I like the none vent window, that cab is small and I like the open space feeling.
    Terry
    Hey Terry,

Yes, if you have doors with vent wings, you can convert them over to non-vent by simply swapping the correct parts and hardware. The problem would be if you were trying to convert non-vent to vent. A lot of the 2-wheel-drive trucks and military trucks have doors that do not have the unique contours and holes formed into the inner door panels needed to accept the special tracks and hardware used with vent wings. Some of the very very early WDX model Power-Wagons have been reported to be found with these unique vent wingless doors also.

Clint

Comment

That was a good one Clint, LOL 8^ )
      I'm picking thru the parts truck for good bolts and pretty soon it'll be just parts laying on the ground.

Comment

non vent windows

does pwa carry the parts to change my vented doors over to single glass ?

Comment

non-vent regulators

I accidentally went down this road. Had intended to replace my broken vent window regulator but accidentally purchased a non-vent regulator. Both would mount nicely in my 53. The one I sand-blasted and painted before I discovered it was wrong is on the left.......
          Attached Files
          Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
          2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Thanks for the pic. I was curious what the difference between the two styles were. All three of the doors I have are vent style and naturally I'd prefer to convert to the non-vent type.

Comment

Originally posted by Desoto61 View Post
              Thanks for the pic. I was curious what the difference between the two styles were. All three of the doors I have are vent style and naturally I'd prefer to convert to the non-vent type.
              "Naturally?"

You may want to get the truck together and get some miles under you before chucking those vent windows. They sure are nice on a hot humid days while cruising down the 2-lanes at 55mph.

I know it is all personal preference, but I would not trade my vent windows for 1-piece.

Comment

Isn't that why we open the windshield?

I like the no-vent because I can stick my arm out more easily.
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Personally myself like the doors with push out vent windows.
                  Definitely better air flow.
                  Beside non vent doors remind me a modern vehicles that have A/C and were designed to be built saving money and labor. not the preferences of the consumer.
                  TGP
                  WDX & Misc. Pics.
                  http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
                  "47" Dodge WDX WW
                  "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                  "54" Willys M38A1
                  "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
                  "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
                  "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
                  "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
                  "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
                  "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                    Isn't that why we open the windshield?

I like the no-vent because I can stick my arm out more easily.
                    I tried opening the windshield once at speed. My eyes teared up as if I were riding a motorcycle without goggles, and wouldn't you know it, my eye wipers had used gear lube under the fingernails and in the cuticles. So that plan didn't pan out quite as expected. Then, there was that **** June bug.......I couldn't grow nose hairs for a year......

Also, my elbows function as originally designed, so I have found no issues in getting my arm out the widow if I should ever forget to open the vent wing first, which has only happened once of course because why would anyone want the roll down windows open with the vent wings remaining closed? The lopsided combination defeats the purpose of enhanced air circulation and climate control.

Now if you want to talk about leaving the roll down windows up while driving with the vent wings open, well, that just makes perfect sense on a hot humid rainy day.

See how the planets and stars all align just a little more copacetic-like with vent wings in this world? ;^)

Comment

Running with the windshield open does tend to bring dust up from the floor and through the lever slots....

....but isn't that part of the charm?

Comment

I noticed the last few times I drove, with the windshield open, it seems to keep my back cooler, circulates the air back there more, i liked it.

I have vents, and I drive with the window down and the vents closed, only cuz Im thinkin i did something wrong, cuz the vents wont stay open with air pushing on them, they swing shut. But I really love the look of them

Comment

vent adjustment

Nick - Three screws and you can pull your entire vent window assembly out. There is a tension spring on the top that can be snugged up to provide more resistance. You will enjoy all the extra air!
                          Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
                          2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Tried that when I installed them. I think my problem is more of a rubber issue. The window frame rubber I got from VPW doesnt quite fit right. Theres a bunch up of excess rubber up on top, at the post, and when I open the window, the rubber wants to unwind and push the window closed.

Comment

My 1950 had wing vents but I'm going with the one piece glass. Personal preference

Comment

Originally posted by gyman98 View Post
                                My 1950 had wing vents but I'm going with the one piece glass. Personal preference
                                Mine too.

Comment

Working...
                                X