My 1949 Power Wagon - 'Sherman'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1949 Power Wagon - 'Sherman'

​​​​​​Hello everyone! I'm pretty new to the site but I thought I'd start off by introducing myself. My name is Lance and I'm a native Minnesotan but haven't live there since I was 17...then I joined the Army. I currently reside in Arizona and owning a Power Wagon has been on my bucket list for sometime.

I often found myself plugging Power Wagon into Craigslist and seeing what turns up...low and behold I did that a back in January and stumbled onto the Power Wagon that I'd have to bring home with me. :)

F8B7DB6A-6BE3-4218-953C-AD0B9A6007D0-21424-000008C1FB82FA41.png

I'm now the 3rd owner of this Power Wagon that was originally owned by the U.S. Department of Entomology and purchased by the gentlemen I got the truck from back in the early 80's. He rebuilt the original motor, transmission and re cored the radiator. He then had it painted from the original yellow to the green you see in the pictures.

Right now I currently have the truck at a local shop here in PHX where we are going to restore it to pristine condition.
    U.S. Army Veteran
    -1949 Power Wagon 'Sherman'
    -1969 Dodge Coronet R/T 'Audrey'
    -1993 Dodge W250 'Frank'
    -2016 Ram 3500 'Betty'

Again, welcome. Looks like you found yourself a clean truck to start with. Can.t wait to see the progress you make on it.

Comment

Looking forward to your rebuild story! Welcome.
      Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
      2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Fantastic looking truck, such a great platform to start from. I am guessing it spent its life out west?
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

• lanceh13
          lanceh13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it's been in AZ all of it's life.

Very nice truck! Exciting times! Welcome aboard!

Comment

That is a very nice truck. Good luck on your rebuild.

Comment

Sherman is coming along. Thought I would go ahead and post a few pictures. I decided to have it painted to match my 1969 Coronet R/T convertible's B5 blue paint. IMG_1904.JPEG
            Attached Files
            U.S. Army Veteran
            -1949 Power Wagon 'Sherman'
            -1969 Dodge Coronet R/T 'Audrey'
            -1993 Dodge W250 'Frank'
            -2016 Ram 3500 'Betty'

Comment

I know this is a bit late, but your truck is looking good!

Comment

Working...
              X