accidental steering adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accidental steering adjustment

I hit the hole a little hard in the '85 and now the steering wheel is all caddy-whompus (ok, you got me; dang near side-ways). so..

Has anybody known the coupler to turn over in it's housing or jump a few teeth on the shaft? If not, has anybody ever seen the sprokets jump a few teeth inside the gearbox?

I don't suppose any of y'all have got four shiny, new ball joints just layin' around and collectin' dust, either?

Just picked up those ball joints. Did y'all know ball joints and bearings were $120 PER SIDE? ...highway robbery, I tell ya.

Comment

Yea I am dreading the rebuild cost of mine also. Btw did you ever get a pic of that red seat? I'm still interested in it.....Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbeds10 View Post
        Yea I am dreading the rebuild cost of mine also. Btw did you ever get a pic of that red seat? I'm still interested in it.....Matt
        I was wondering what happened to you. I figured you and your wife had something come up.

I'll email you a picture this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mopar.bo View Post
          I was wondering what happened to you. I figured you and your wife had something come up.

I'll email you a picture this weekend.
          Yeah we had a few things come up unfortunately. Mainly the truck I was going to use was spending time in and out of the shop for clutch related issues. I've gotta get my 440 built asap, so no fun go fast goodies for it now :-(

Comment

At least you're up and started. I'm still looking for ANY RB, even just a block, but I'm coming up short.

Comment

i have a 383 if you want to build a big block. i will let it go cheap with a 727 trans too if you want it...

Comment

btw yeah i have stripped out a couple of the rag joint couplers on my s10 jumping it....its just cheap metal

Comment

i have a 383 if you want to build a big block. i will let it go cheap with a 727 trans too if you want it...
                  Reeeeeeeally (jumpin' up and down, clappin' my hands like a fairy)? How cheap?

BTW, do you still want that battery tray?

Comment

Yea ill still take the tray if you don't want to look at it anymore lol. I will take $175 for the pair. the engine needs machine work. its rough, but i let my machine shop take a look and they say it can be bored .060 easy on 7 cyls. 1 cyl is pretty rough but it just might machine out after the hone the rust outta that cyl. the guy i bought it from told me it had been sitting covered up but water found its way inside. you still have my cell?

Comment

Yea ill still take the tray if you don't want to look at it anymore lol. I will take $175 for the pair. the engine needs machine work. its rough, but i let my machine shop take a look and they say it can be bored .060 easy on 7 cyls. 1 cyl is pretty rough but it just might machine out after the hone the rust outta that cyl. the guy i bought it from told me it had been sitting covered up but water found its way inside. you still have my cell?
                      Battery tray: yours.

383: Sold. With a .090 overbore I'll have a 400.

email me and we'll work out the details.

Comment

Working...
                      X