No announcement yet.

Choosing a 1972 to 1993 Dodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the grills should interchange between 72-74. I don't believe there were any other significate exterior changes. At some point around or after 74 the gas tank got moved from inside the cab to the frame. Also the instrument panel was changed somewhere thereabouts as well. I know that 77 is different than 72, but I don't know what year the change occured. The 5 bolt wheel pattern of the W100's also got smaller sometime in the 70's if I recall correctly.

Bucky

Comment

1974 dodges

old 1974 brochure
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        Posts indicate sheet metal will interchange, even if body lines won't line up.

If putting a Cummins in an earlier 3/4 or 1 ton truck, are the frames the same, will crossmembers, if necessary, interchange?
        A young man in my little town has done it both ways. He put an older sweptline body on a newer Cummins equipped chassis and has put the newer running gear in a Powerwagon series truck. Very nicely done I might add.
        David

Comment

crop photos

if anyone knows how, please feel free to crop the photos I posted. The text below each truck matches the vehicle, the text above is misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post

We need some pictures of these features....
            Here's some of my '92 W250.
            John
            Attached Files

Comment

That is very nice.
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

It sure is Gordon, The pictures don't do it justice. And how about that garage floor. It has a better shine than the one in my kitchen °{°

Comment

My 77' M-882 after my son added a lift and bigger tires just recently. I bought it with 10K on the clock but as a radio truck, it had many, many hours on the truck as it sat in one place relaying radio messages with the engine running. My son's rebuilt the engine and it runs like a clock. He loves it now. (My son is Deathdeelr on this board)

Now if I only can get my other son to fix up my M37 that he has now...

TTT

Comment

Hey Pop! I'm sure Barb wouldn't mind the M37 parked next to the 880. I'll just tell her we're saving it for C4. I'm sure 'lil bro would be extremely receptive to giving me the M37. Anyone selling bridges? I'm buying...

Comment

Where,did you get those wheels?

Comment

Rims are Stockton 9.5x16.5 steelies - craigslist from a local guy $100.
                        Tires are Goodyear OZ 37.5x12.50x16.5 Humvee take-offs - ebay from a dealer in AZ $300 total shipped to the house.

Comment

91 frames

I have 2 W150 91 4x4s, one a reg cab and the other a club cab. The club cab W150 has the same frame as a 3/4 ton because of having the longer wheelbase. My local dodge dealer also confirmed this. The frame on the reg cab is 6" tall and the club cab is 8" tall. I also have installed an earlier 1984 front dana 44 w/lockouts in order to get rid of the front axle disconnect. Seems to work just fine with the stock 241 transcase.

Comment

First Gen CTD

The Cummins turbo diesel engine in the late '80-early '90s Dodge was one of the best thing to happen to light trucks ever, IMO. My '91 W-250 Dodge CTD has most of the things I wish the flat fendered Power Wagon had as OEM: in-line CTD (+20mpg), 5-speed OD trans, NP-205 t-case, Dana 70 rear and 61 front, P/S, power front disc brakes, etc.

Say, what if I throw away that late sheet metal, and fit some FFPW panels to it? But it wouldn't have five bolt Budd wheels, and the engine is too long - oh well, never mind . . .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Get a couple of pry bars. You'll get it on there.

Comment

Working...
                              X