80club sht\bed 440 rusted out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80club sht\bed 440 rusted out

Dang it ,the other[2] club 440's are 3/4ton long bed, now I find a 80 150,440,club,short bed.-wonderful-!
    Most of the running gear+ tranny has been gone thru with receipts to show, but the thing is ru-st-ed-out, box-toast {in my opinion}, cab corners,rockers,driver floor---holes everywhere !
    BUT The Owner has good doors and all other panels/skins NEW to replace{including box sides 1/2s}....what am I getting into with this one ?
    I only have a mig welder\angle grinder and limited other tools for general maintance.
    Wife says hang on, something -just right will come along, but I'm getting twitchy driving her Taurus everywhere....and try to find a decent sht box just to replace and save that hassel..forget it, can't find one..
    twitchin' not b*tchin'
    Andy
    just needed to vent
    thanx guys

Shortbeds are for teenagers, in my opinion.

Bucky

Comment

They never put a 440 in any after 1978 so it won't be an original 440 truck if that matters to you.

Comment

patience

There are solid trucks out there. Dont make the same mistake I did when I first began this hobby. I thought I had to grab every 70's Power Wagon I could find, before they all evaporated. Immediately after taking delivery, a better, closer, truck pops up for sale. Be patient and wait for what you really want. Easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
          There are solid trucks out there. Dont make the same mistake I did when I first began this hobby. I thought I had to grab every 70's Power Wagon I could find, before they all evaporated. Immediately after taking delivery, a better, closer, truck pops up for sale. Be patient and wait for what you really want. Easier said than done.
          Take it from one who knows and he does now. I'm working on a 75 CC for 74w300utiline and it needed a short wide box. I thought I was going to end up patching this one but I held out and one practically dropped in my lap. When you least expect it something will happen. Put the word out if you haven't already for what you're looking for. Being north of the border may limit your finding something though. Good luck.

Comment

You're right ,already waiting to here back from a guy with a 80 ,1 ton clubcab, big block size?{didn't post it } truck looks clean.
            waiting,waiting,tick-tock-tick.

Comment

shortbeds for teenagers

backseats are for teenagers at the drive in movies!

Comment

We pack alot of gear when hunting in the frozen north. extended cabs of some sort is only practicable.

Comment

If only Chrysler had seen fit to build me a '75 / 76 W300 club cab short box dually, that would have been sweet.

Comment

Working...
                  X