Power steering conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rebuilds $45-$155

depending on whats needed. I usually go with the total rebuild, because i hate dropping tanks and syphoning gas. ,

Comment

power steering conversion

hey ron
      how are you
      i was asking in one of my posts about converting my 77 m880 from manual to power steering also as they are a B--CH TO STEER WITH MANUAL STEERING and i am probably spoiled on power steering too as my 73 power wagon has power steering and i want to convert my 77 to the same.
      do i need to change out the steering column or anything else to make this conversion. i realise that i will need gearbox (believe gearbox is same from 70's to 90's models) and pump. my 880 already has pump brackets mounted.

thank you
      alan

Comment

Things are good here, good and wet that is. But we don't have flooding like down south. The steering column does NOT change in the manual to PS swap. The manual box is shorter overall but the input shaft works out the same length. I used a box from a 90 on this 75 just watch your hose ends if you don't get the pump and PS box from the same truck. Leave the bracket for the box on the frame and take out the 4 bolts to the box much easier and they all line up. As you know there is no comparison between manual and PS.

Comment

Working...
        X