NP203 Transfer case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP203 Transfer case

I am trying to decide whether to rebuild or replace my tc. Amazingly, these things are not as common as they used to be. **** near used to be free and on every shelf to boot. Now, good luck finding one anywhere in good shape. How hard are these to rebuild? Anyone know a good place to get a superior quality, comprehensive rebuild kit with everything in it? I live in the great white north but if it is stateside no prob as long as they know how to ship up here. Giz a shout with any wisdom you have for me. Thanks lads!

Saturn Surplus used to have crates of government rebuilt ones. You checked there yet?
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Boyce equipment in Utah also had some stuff.

Bucky

Comment

Checking both....will advise.

Comment

http://www.saturnsurplus.com/vehicles/vehicles.htm
          $375 for a government rebuild
          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Just wondering how these things work, do they throw the power ( in HI or LOW ) to the axle that is spinning, like the open diffs throw the power to the spinning wheel ?

And if you put it in a LOC position will it split the power evenly to both axles ?

Comment

Originally posted by n1265 View Post
              Just wondering how these things work, do they throw the power ( in HI or LOW ) to the axle that is spinning, like the open diffs throw the power to the spinning wheel ?

And if you put it in a LOC position will it split the power evenly to both axles ?
              yes.... and Loc locks the front & rear shafts together.

Bucky

Comment

Looks like both places have rebuilt tc's. Darn good prices too. I had no idea such places exhisted! Probably because I have never seen one up here. You guys down south are so lucky to have so many sources for parts for these trucks! I may have to move down there.... he he. Thanks for the info boys.

Comment

Working...
                X