76 np203 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2x1972 View Post
    I was under the impression that they did. Hard evidence anyone?
    My 1979 owner's manual shows NO reference to a part-time t-case being offered for that particular year. It is commonly accepted that all Dodge 100/200/300 series 4x4's of 1975-79 were full-time. Of course certain people have come forward claiming to have owned a part-time truck from those years. I havent seen any literature showing a NP205 being offered in a Dodge for 1975-79. GM used it behind their 4 speeds & the 203 behind autos. Maybe their 6 cyl was 205 also, can't remember.

Bucky

Comment

1975 transfer case offerings

Based on this page from the '75 brochure, I believe the only vehicle the part-time, 2 speed, 2 lever transfer case was offered on was the W600. W100, W200 and W300 all got the full-time 4WD single lever unit.
      Attached Files

Comment

I wish I could enlarge that & read it.
        Thanks for posting!

Yes the W600 were part time rockwell t-cases, but still had drive flanges. I do have a set of lock-outs that may fit my W600, not sure though. Very rare.

Bucky

Comment

Specifications a bit more readable

Bucky and all: I have reposted the specifications with a little cropping so that they are more readable.

Regarding the availability of part-time 4WD in the '75 and '76 models - I ordered a new '75 model in late 1974 and I ordered a '76 model from the same dealer in the spring of '76 and no place on the order sheet was there a choice of transfer cases. They were both only available with full-time 4WD.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks 75Crew!!!

Bucky

Comment

And once you convert the 203 to part time you also get a extra gear now you get 2 low also

Comment

A little late in my response, but thanks for the info fellas! Always eager to gather more knowledge about these ol' dodges.

Comment

Now that I have my truck driving again with a 203. I have quite a bit of play and want to do the shaft conversion kit. I can't find it online. Has anyone recently purchased one. Or have any info?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldred89 View Post
                    Now that I have my truck driving again with a 203. I have quite a bit of play and want to do the shaft conversion kit. I can't find it online. Has anyone recently purchased one. Or have any info?
                    Some guys over on ramchargercentral.com have been discussing this in the last week or two.

But as of last night-this morning, the site has been down. That site has way more traffic concerning the 70's truck than probably any other.

Possibly your chain has stretched.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                      Some guys over on ramchargercentral.com have been discussing this in the last week or two.

But as of last night-this morning, the site has been down. That site has way more traffic concerning the 70's truck than probably any other.

Possibly your chain has stretched.

Bucky
                      Yea I really wanted on ramcharger central last night but it was down. I'm sure the chain is stretched but from my research it sounds like the differential assembly is typically the cause for most of the play. The shaft style eliminates the chain in 2wd modes and creates a solid connection from gear box to driveline which I want. Cheaper than finding a 205.

Comment

Working...
                      X