No announcement yet.

360 v 440

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of it is the ability to move what I want move, but simplicity is also a factor. I prefer FI but this rig is one I would like to work without the benefit of electronics.....you know, in case we ever find ourselves in a world where electronics stop working for what ever reason (wink). I can get a fully dressed MH derived 440/727 delivered to my shop for $700-$800. Add motor mounts and a day at the shop and I'm down the road. I think it might make the most sense. I appreciate everyone's input, there are a lot of times when I become tunnel visioned and need a fresh perspective
    David

Comment

Originally posted by ddarnell View Post
      I appreciate everyone's input, there are a lot of times when I become tunnel visioned and need a fresh perspective
      David
      We all do, it's funny when people talk about how much fuel they're going to save by doing x to their vehicle, but the cost of doing whatever it is would usually buy them a lot of fuel if they did nothing. It's just their excuse to do whatever upgrade they're trying to do.

I'm no different, I have a lot of "justification" for building my PW vice just buying a pickup, but at the end of the day it's because I want to, the rest is just icing on the cake.

Comment

Yeah, I'm real good at justifying "upgrades" LOL. If I had half a brain, I would load up a camper, hitch up a boat and drive up to the mountains. Then I would have a pretty good idea of whether or not I needed a bigger motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Desoto61 View Post
          We all do, it's funny when people talk about how much fuel they're going to save by doing x to their vehicle, but the cost of doing whatever it is would usually buy them a lot of fuel if they did nothing. It's just their excuse to do whatever upgrade they're trying to do.

I'm no different, I have a lot of "justification" for building my PW vice just buying a pickup, but at the end of the day it's because I want to, the rest is just icing on the cake.
          That how I got my Cummins...
          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
          X