No announcement yet.

my new warrwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today i got the other hole cut in the hood for the hood vents, got them put in most of the way, i need more hardware. apparently someone mixed a bunch of different thread pitch nuts in the bin at ace hardware so im short a few. the empty holes are waiting for more hardware.

Comment

• then i had fun doing this by myself

if it wasnt for this truck being my tow rig when im done, i would just be building an "allpro style" bed and run it.

Comment

• Comment

• How you plan on finishing those vents? Scoops or just leaving as is?
          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

• The vents looks great! I'd be a little concerned about getting the electronics wet during a down pour...then again, it may not even matter. I'd like to put a functional scoop on mine, since there are no braces on the hood over the air cleaner.I have a '74 W-200 CC parts truck with those springs that I'd love to swap over on my M-883.
            You've got a great looking truck to work with. Keep us posted!
            Craig

Comment

• war wagon

What manufacturer made your front helper spring, and where did you get them? I would like to level the front of my M885 pickup.

Comment

• Just leaving the vents open

Where I put the vents I'm not too worried about electronics, I've run with no inner wheel wells before in the mud and water and never had an issue.

I don't remember the manufaturer of the helper springs off the top of my head right now, ill try to remember to look tonight. I bought them about 10 years ago for a chevy blazer and just never installed them.

Comment

• Got the bed out of the shop tonight after work, loaded it on the car trailer, now the rest of this week and this weekend ill be loading it with scrap metal. Gotta clean the area up outside the shop from the 3 parts rigs out there (before I bring another parts rig home for the CJ6).

Comment

• You're going to junk out the bed??

Comment

• Originally posted by ram fan View Post
                      You're going to junk out the bed??

Yup

Comment

• Originally posted by smalltowncowboy View Post
                        Just leaving the vents open

Where I put the vents I'm not too worried about electronics, I've run with no inner wheel wells before in the mud and water and never had an issue.
                        I guess in OR you don't have enough rain to worry about water sitting in the frame channels?
                        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

• Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                          I guess in OR you don't have enough rain to worry about water sitting in the frame channels?

not sure what you mean by "frame channels" but thats pretty funny about oregon must not get rain lol. when it rains here the roads turn into rivers.

Comment

• cleaned the frame up some with a wire wheel

Comment

• threw some black spray paint down

Comment

• for now i welded the holes up that were drilled in the WARN winch bumper and threw some spray paint on it also. the jack stand is there because i need the right bolts for it, i just put a couple smaller ones in to hold it. after its all up and running i am going to build a bumper for it.

i also trimmed the fenders and found some bondo in the driver side fender. heres a comaprison from the uncut driver side to the cut passenger one, i need to clean up the cuts these are just rough cut out with the plasma.

Comment

Working...
                                X