No announcement yet.

my new warrwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/smalltowncowboy1980/powerwagon/004-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

friday the old man came out and helped me pull the core support and the engine.

then sunday i helped put a leveling kit on another guys newer ford, and yesterday was my first day at my new job. hopefully today i can drag my butt to the shop for a bit but its cold outside lol.

Comment

well yesterday was an expensive day, i ordered ALOT for the powerwagon.
        crate motor
        6AL MSD ignition
        headers
        edelbrock intake
        edlebrock carb
        3 core radiator
        power steering pump
        upper/lower rad hoses
        thermostat
        100 amp alt
        white face gauges (speedo, volt, water, oil pressure, 5" tach)
        spark plugs
        new starter
        water pump
        motor mounts
        dist cap
        rotor
        plug wires
        which all ran me $3268 with about $300 in core deposits.

Comment

today i picked up my parts, took some pics of some of the goodies but my camera batteries died so they re recharging right now.

oh yah

thats sexy right there (with rev limiter)

Comment

color changing

they had just got freight in this morning when i was there so i couldnt get my engine (it was blocked in). so i went back in this afternoon and gt it and my new 3 core radiator. now the fun will begin. i will have to get a comparison picture of the 60 amp alt. and the 100 amp alt, lol its almost comical lol.

Comment

This is the best part of an overhaul isn't it? Bringing all of the new goodies home and taking them out of the box.

What kind of crate motor did you buy and what spec is it?

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowncowboy View Post
                color changing

Um, looks for the bucket to keep keyboard from getting wet, wow now that will be a light up dash. Did you get the controller to pick colors or is it a random set color chang?

Cannot wait to see how you set this up in the dash, not really much on write ups on doing this to the dash for Chryslers or Dodge trucks.

Comment

the paper with the specs on the engine is in the shop, it might make it to the house in a couple days lol.

yah im going to be doing a custom dash insert, my plasma cutter got delivered yesterday. i havent even opened the packages on the gauges to check how i change the color lol. the dash will be done after the front lift and motor.

Comment

don't laugh but

Am i to understand that the water temp guage backlight will change, from cool "blue" color to hot "red" color as the analog needle climbs? If so this may be the only bling item that I have ever considered getting. best of both worlds, an analog guage with a built in idiot light. perfect for an old school idiot like me.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                      Am i to understand that the water temp guage backlight will change, from cool "blue" color to hot "red" color as the analog needle climbs? If so this may be the only bling item that I have ever considered getting. best of both worlds, an analog guage with a built in idiot light. perfect for an old school idiot like me.

No its just a solid color but half the stock guages don't work so I figured I'd put some aftermarket guages in. I didn't even realize they could change colors until I got them home.

Comment

heres is a pic of the stock alt compared to the 100 amp alt.

spent today building a new welding cart to hold the welder and my new plasma. :wings:

carts still not done yet, i was test fitting everything.

Comment

On the way in right now to get my core charge back for some parts like the engine, starter, water pump. Then its heading back to the shop and installing the lift springs in the front and finish cleaning up the engine sheetmetal.

Comment

new engine still wrapped up till i get the sheetmetal all cleaned up and ready to put on.

here you can see how flat the old springs were

and with the helper spring

Comment

not sure why all these holes were drilled in the frame but i am going to weld them up

Comment

got my BFG's mounted on a different set of wheels with less back spacing, mounted them on the truck and without the engine in its almost level on the bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X