No announcement yet.

my new warrwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No telling what the DOT hauled in that thing over the years.I'm not surprised about it having lights/wiring issues, these trucks always do.Still you got a good deal!

Comment

pulled the wood rack from the bed today, ripped the plywood out that was screwed in (and suprisingly no rust), put the 35"tires on the rear (have to grind the calipers on the front and lift it to level it out), unrealed and re-realed and lubed the winch cable.

i will take some pics tomorrow, i picked up a new thermostat for it today also since the temp guage doesnt work and it felt like it was getting a little hot today.

Comment

pics of yesterday as promised

Comment

i need to measure a set of rims i have in the shop to see how wide they are, instead of grinding the calipers i might just run a set i have with less backspacing. i just have to make sure they are not too wide for my inner air locks.

my new u-bolts came in the mail yesterday so hopefully i will have the lift springs put in the front this week. trying to decide if i want to lift the front 3" or 6". 3" would probably just about level the truck out and 6" springs would give me enough room to do a shackle flip on the rear.

i will probably just go 3" because it will be my tow rig when the jeep is done and not my only play rig. i just have to keep telling myself that lol, " the dodge is not the play toy, the dodge is not the play toy"

Comment

that is a nice find for the money.....

Comment

Damage??? Thats a cream puff!

What size wheels are those?

Those rear spings are Heavy Duty! Is that bottom leaf an add on I wonder? Or is that a stock 1 T set up?
              1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
              1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
              1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

I would have to say add on....the top one is factory though....or at least looks like it is....

Comment

16"wheels came off the truck, 15" wheels are going on it (i have them sitting here with brand new never ran 35"BFG tires)

as for the bottom overload im not sure if it was added on or if they just swapped one ton suspension in there. since it was a DOT truck alot of them got one ton suspension and running gear. I found out a little more into on this truck, it was used as a wire setting truck, the front pipes sticking up would hold a roll of wire.

i ordered thick washer inserts tonight for doing the front suspension and ordered 4 bushing assemblies from www.DIY4X.com to build a tire gate. there is no tailgate for the truck so i am going to build a tiregate that will also hold 2 jerry cans.

so lifting the front of the truck to level it out will probably have to wait another week for those washers. BUT i have plenty of other work to do.

THINGS STILL TO DO:

dual batteries
                  slave solenoid for winch
                  fluid change
                  build new headache rack
                  build brush guard
                  build tire gate
                  build rear bumper
                  wire in C.B.
                  rewire trailer plug and run wire for trailer winch
                  lift front suspension
                  add lights (cab and auxillary)

Comment

i havnt really done anything since im still waiting on the title. found out that the owner sent the paperwork for the new title and a copy of his dads death certificate (both of them were on the title). DMV lost the **** paperwork.

Comment

i just love dealing with oregon dmv and its never their fault. came thru your way couple weeks ago . to late for some of them sweet onions.

Comment

two party ownership

Originally posted by smalltowncowboy View Post
                        i havnt really done anything since im still waiting on the title. found out that the owner sent the paperwork for the new title and a copy of his dads death certificate (both of them were on the title). DMV lost the **** paperwork.
                        I'm sure each state is different, but if you ever have a co-signer for a auto loan which results in both names being on the title it's best to have the co-signer "sell" his share of the vehicle to the other once the lien is paid off. It's a headache but a Bigger headache is having one of the owners die,leaving the other owner stuck with a vehicle that they can't get rid of without the dead party's signature.Texas is assinine about this.

Comment

oregon you just need a copy of the death certificate...... if they dont lose it lol.

Comment

the owner told me that there was some rust in the floor boards but he treated it and fiberglassed over it.

He used shower wall plastic/fiberglass and screwed it to the floor. so as soon as i get my welder back from being fixed, that is my first project. welding new floor panels in.

no real holes but a few thin spots so.

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowncowboy View Post
                              the owner told me that there was some rust in the floor boards but he treated it and fiberglassed over it.

He used shower wall plastic/fiberglass and screwed it to the floor. so as soon as i get my welder back from being fixed, that is my first project. welding new floor panels in.

no real holes but a few thin spots so.
                              Yeah, but maybe he used the shower drain too?.....= )

Comment

did some work on the powerwagon today. pulled the seat and cleaned out from under it, cut out a section of rust and welded in a new piece. bolted the seat back down and installed new seat belts since the old ones didnt work anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X