I'm back on the Crispy critter 58 PG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back on the Crispy critter 58 PG

It's been a long winter and with a cold shop I couldn't paint, that is until today. I've had the frame cleaned and ready for paint so today I prepped, primed and painted it. It looks good and I have the 315 and tranny waiting to drop in the frame. Next it's on to the finish the bodywork so it to can get painted. I'm shooting for delivery at the Iowa rally. This will be my first two tone truck ,Ponchatrain Green and Sand Dune White. Not to mention my first try at base/clear painting.

Can't wait to see the finished truck. I'm sure you'll have no problem with the paint. From what I've seen you can do about anything. John

Comment

Thanks John I don't know about being able to do about anything but I'm a quick study. Mostly self taught on bodywork with a friend who's an ex body man to fall back on if needed. I want this truck to turn out well for the owner. Stay tuned.

Comment

It's always nice to be able to ask someone that knows. John

Comment

Just an update on this rebuild. I've got the engine and transmission setting in the frame and bolted down. The generator was rebuilt and is back in place. New plug wires on also. The driveshafts are installed as are the Denver lockouts. Thanks to John Giedl I have a lockout wrench to work them. The cab is looking better after working the top smooth. The doors had two handsfull of dirt in each door. The passenger side had rust through but with new patches made that will disappear. Still optimistic to have this by June but a long way to go yet. I haven't even started on the front clip or hood. Shouldn't be much as they were pretty clean, famous last words.

Comment

Work is continuing on this truck, the sheet metal is almost ready for primer. I brought the front clip inside and have it sanded and patched the inner fender rust. I have yet to see a truck that didn't have a hole on the inner fender by the battery tray. I'm glad there are sealed batteries nowadays. It's still going to be close but with all the rain I'm not getting anything done outside so I work on the truck. One thing that is a real time saver is my two post hoist to raise and lower the cab to a perfect working height. Painting the chassis was a breeze too with being able to raise it for the underside. I'm hoping to get the floor boards for the bed milled soon in between everything else.

Comment

Update on the CC truck. I got primer on the cab and bed today finally. Now for the dreaded block sanding which is a necessary evil in the process. The bed boards are waiting their turn for paint and hope to get that on soon. Go to my Webshots page for pictures http://rides.webshots.com/album/578518720CGpCCv

I'll have to do some searching to find the pictures of the truck after the fire and before I started on it. It looks like I'm making some real progress now that it's primed. Hoping to get it painted soon now that it's cooled off and before it really gets cold. Two tone will be interesting.

Comment

Looking good Ron. Where shall I send my body parts for bodywork and paint? ;-)

Comment

Ummm yeah, I've got a few stacked up waiting and a guy on the Indiana Ramcharger page wanting me to do the floor in his 85 Ram. I told him it wouldn't be anytime soon. Thanks for the comment. How's it going on your end? Getting cool out there yet?

Comment

I bet, I was just messing with you anyway. I gotta get good at doing bodywork myself so the best way I know how is to practice practice practice.
                    I am still out of the country so unfortunately nothing more has happened on my toy. I was going to go get the frame next weekend, which is the weekend immediately after I get back in country but I now get to attend a funeral the day after we get back so I am going to have to push the frame back a weekend and get it the following. My 96 year old grandmother passed away Thursday so needless to say this part of the vacation has been kinda stressful.
                    You said this one is going to be green and sand/off white right? I think that combo should look pretty nice.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother's passing. Yes this one is going to be green and sand dune white. I need to sand primer tomorrow but I've got a bum sewage pump to fix first and my daughter wants me to build a lean to for her horses. Never enough hours in a weekend.

Comment

Great looking work Ron!
                        John

Comment

Looking good Ron, better get up to LaPort and get that carryall! Did you ever get a line on the door rubber? Fleabag!!

Comment

Thanks John I spent Saturday sanding the primer and looking for low spots. I'm shooting for straight as possible but the bedsides have serious issues. It'll all come out in the wash.

Comment

Ron,
                              How is the bodywork coming along on the Crispy Critter?

Comment

Working...
                              X