getting started 59 w200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting started 59 w200

I'm new to this site but have had my w200 since about 1998, can't believe its been that long already also have a 46 wdx.
    Just getting started working on it.
    I do have pics but not sure on how to post them on here.

pics

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

pics 2

pics 2
      Attached Files

Comment

pics 3

pics 3
        Attached Files

Comment

pics 4

pics 4
          Attached Files

Comment

pics 5

pics 5
            Attached Files

Comment

this truck has power steering, push button automatic and power brakes.
              Its in pretty good shape except for the cab (rusty) not sure if I will change the cab or fix it the.The bed is pretty good except for the floor.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. The pushbutton automatic is fun. We rarely see those.
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

That is a fine truck with very RARE options. I currently have a 58 W100 in the shop with a 315 and an automatic. I'm working on it for someone else. Yours is pretty typical as far as the rust issues and I've seen worse. Unless you can find a good western truck you may have to patch yours. I highly doubt you'll find another truck set up like yours. That will of course involve swapping the brake pedal and shifter pod. The rest should be the same cabwise. I will extend the same offer of help in anyway I can as I have to others. I have a 59 W200 and have restored several trucks in the past 13 years.
                  Ron in Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                    That is a fine truck with very RARE options. I currently have a 58 W100 in the shop with a 315 and an automatic. I'm working on it for someone else. Yours is pretty typical as far as the rust issues and I've seen worse. Unless you can find a good western truck you may have to patch yours. I highly doubt you'll find another truck set up like yours. That will of course involve swapping the brake pedal and shifter pod. The rest should be the same cabwise. I will extend the same offer of help in anyway I can as I have to others. I have a 59 W200 and have restored several trucks in the past 13 years.
                    When I got this truck I also got a D400 with a 315 hemi, the cab is in pretty good shape and it has the wide back glass.
                    I am not sure if I want the big window and hemi yet. I wonder what your thoughts would be on this?
                    Both trucks do run or did they been sitting for a long time.
                    Ron I appreciate the offer I have read lots of your posts and see that you you know what your talking about.I also have a good friend Don Evans that helps me a lot matter a fact he's why I got this truck and my wdx
                    Attached Files

Comment

1946 wdx
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's a good looking truck.
                        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Where in California are you located?
                          I'm from Paso Robles (central coast). I am studying at Cal Poly currently. That's cool to see the truck used to belong to Cal Poly.
                          You've got a pretty rare Power Giant.
                          There's a Power Wagon rally at the Hollister Hills Off Road Park coming up this May in Hollister, Ca. in case you are interested. Don E has been there a couple times with his PW's.

Comment

I'm in Tipton right between Bakersfield and Fresno.
                            I need to try and get to that rally

Comment

You're in very good hands with Don Evans. He helped me with my questions when I got started with my truck. I'm just returning the favor.
                              Ron in Indiana

Comment

Working...
                              X