X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eddiem
    replied
    Well I'm back.
    Still have the w200 and have not made much progress at all.
    Life really changed my direction but it's heading in a good direction now.
    I'm really looking forward to working on it.

Leave a comment:

• Leon in PA
    replied
    Update?

Hi Eddie,
    Any updates on the W200?

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    I would think it supports the frame maybe someone else on here knows more about it?
    or being it has an auto that mount is used cause I'm guessing the manual trans bell housing would mount to the frame and that would not be used

Leave a comment:

• onetonwagon
    replied
    Thanks for sending all the pic's of your truck. I was studying a couple of pic's of the transmission area, (from above and below) and wonder about the pipe crossmember just below the trans. It appears to be about 1.5" in dia., and seems to just bolt to a mount at each end, at the frame. I can't see where anything else touches it. There is a heavy crossmember just behind it to carry the tailshaft of the trans, so I'm wondering, is the pipe a frame support member? It seems to be right under the supports for the cab. On all my trucks (power giants), this is the spot where the frame twists over time and allows the sheet metal gap between the leading edge of the door and the front fender to open wide at the bottom, tapering to a narrow gap up near the glass. This pipe cross member seems like it would support the frame nicely and stop that. Or, is it for some other application entirely?

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    Its also in this book
    Dodge Power Wagon Photo History [Illustrated] [Paperback]

Monty Montgomery (Author)

Leave a comment:

• mattsoldmopars
    replied
    I will have to see if I can dig out the PWA it was in. I am sure that there are not to many trucks out there like yours, I have only seen a few of them.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    It could have been Matt.
    Don Evans was the one who hooked me up with it.
    It was at Atascadero Calif. 805 area code I believe

Leave a comment:

• mattsoldmopars
    replied
    eddie

Did you buy chance buy this 1959 W200 out of the PWA magazine or advertise for sale in there at some point?

I remember in the late 1990's (1997-1998) there was a 1959 W200 V8 push button auto trans, PS & PB, advertised in the PWA for sale out in CA, I recall the ad saying something about rust in the cab floors.

I always wanted to call about the truck, but never got around to it. A few years ago when I was moving I ran across the PWA that it was in and thought I wonder if the phone number in the ad is still good or not?

Nice truck you have there!

Matt

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    Don had this one saved.
    He said the same thing that the rust will be an easy fix for,you guys maybe but for me maybe not lol
    I am going to try and do it myself with plenty of time and patience's .

Leave a comment:

• Ron in Indiana
    replied
    What do these things grow on trees out there ? LOL Looks a lot better than the original cab. That rust will be much easier to repair. Must have been a two wheel drive 3 speed truck. It should clean up nicely.

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    last one
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    now back to work
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    got another cab in pretty good shape some rust on the bottom back of the cab other then that its better then the one off the truck
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    There is a place about 3 hours north of me.
    I got the straps loose with a little patience but that's about it for today

Leave a comment:

• Ron in Indiana
    replied
    Originally posted by eddiem View Post
    I just checked out Gastank Renu it looks pretty good I think I will give them a try.
    Thanks Ron
    They did a great job with mine and yes they coat inside and out. Mine needed patched before it was coated. We've had several tanks done now but our local dealer went out of business. I had to send one to a Detroit dealer on the last one. Expect to pay $275+ depending on the condition of your tank.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X