Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KevinM
    replied

The STA Mud and Snow Tires Ron refered to are a nice looking tire shown here on the stock 17.5 rims .

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    Thanks! I do have the 17.5 the spare is a 16 split ring.

Leave a comment:

• Ron in Indiana
    replied
    I have 7:50 x 17 split rings on my 59. Stock tires were 17.5 but at the time I could only find 17 rims and tires. STA now has 17.5 M&S tires if you can locate those rims.

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    Ron.. the truck in your avatar what size wheels are on it?

Leave a comment:

• Ron in Indiana
    replied
    You're in very good hands with Don Evans. He helped me with my questions when I got started with my truck. I'm just returning the favor.

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    I'm in Tipton right between Bakersfield and Fresno.
    I need to try and get to that rally

Leave a comment:

• PowerMan
    replied
    Where in California are you located?
    I'm from Paso Robles (central coast). I am studying at Cal Poly currently. That's cool to see the truck used to belong to Cal Poly.
    You've got a pretty rare Power Giant.
    There's a Power Wagon rally at the Hollister Hills Off Road Park coming up this May in Hollister, Ca. in case you are interested. Don E has been there a couple times with his PW's.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Maney
    replied
    That's a good looking truck.

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    1946 wdx
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
    That is a fine truck with very RARE options. I currently have a 58 W100 in the shop with a 315 and an automatic. I'm working on it for someone else. Yours is pretty typical as far as the rust issues and I've seen worse. Unless you can find a good western truck you may have to patch yours. I highly doubt you'll find another truck set up like yours. That will of course involve swapping the brake pedal and shifter pod. The rest should be the same cabwise. I will extend the same offer of help in anyway I can as I have to others. I have a 59 W200 and have restored several trucks in the past 13 years.
    When I got this truck I also got a D400 with a 315 hemi, the cab is in pretty good shape and it has the wide back glass.
    I am not sure if I want the big window and hemi yet. I wonder what your thoughts would be on this?
    Both trucks do run or did they been sitting for a long time.
    Ron I appreciate the offer I have read lots of your posts and see that you you know what your talking about.I also have a good friend Don Evans that helps me a lot matter a fact he's why I got this truck and my wdx
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ron in Indiana
    replied
    That is a fine truck with very RARE options. I currently have a 58 W100 in the shop with a 315 and an automatic. I'm working on it for someone else. Yours is pretty typical as far as the rust issues and I've seen worse. Unless you can find a good western truck you may have to patch yours. I highly doubt you'll find another truck set up like yours. That will of course involve swapping the brake pedal and shifter pod. The rest should be the same cabwise. I will extend the same offer of help in anyway I can as I have to others. I have a 59 W200 and have restored several trucks in the past 13 years.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Maney
    replied
    Very nice. The pushbutton automatic is fun. We rarely see those.

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    this truck has power steering, push button automatic and power brakes.
    Its in pretty good shape except for the cab (rusty) not sure if I will change the cab or fix it the.The bed is pretty good except for the floor.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    pics 5

pics 5
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eddiem
    replied
    pics 4

pics 4