No announcement yet.

58 W100 in Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy, I assume you must have been having phone (Apple?) posting problems? Looks like you have now mastered it, great work on the engine and the phone.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1994 2500 4WD Regular Cab - "Old Gray"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

I posted pics at the beginning of this thread, four photos at the same time even. I used a resizing app as well at 10%.

Comment

Andy, great job on the photos, engine looks good to. I have an extra 315 in a parts truck, I was thinking about either selling or tearing it down, maybe after I get this project wrapped up.

Comment

Ok.......I am now a subscriber! So.......let's test a pic download.
          Attached Files

Comment

That's a clean sweptline
            Andy

Comment

Where did I leave off with this thread IMG_20170717_152511985.jpegIMG_20171027_132431986.jpegIMG_20171027_132408589.jpeg before pics stopped loading two pages ago? Oh ya, engine compt.
              After the engine fired and lifters pumped up on second start, I took it for a quick spin around the yard then out on the road to see if I could make it through the gears. There is a YouTube vid of this also, some have viewed it already. It's tough to get into granny but everything else shifted fine. So I backed it into the garage and started removing engine compt components, inner fender wells etc. I installed a new water pump, belts, hoses. Wire wheeled, sanded, degreased, and blew every thing out then began spot priming and painting. I did something different with the radiator, and left the top bare brass. Here are some before and after shots.

Comment

Pismo, that was two summers ago project, had been sitting for 30 years, took me 7 weeks to get it cleaned up and gone thru. Now it's my grocery getter. Have a guy wanting it, might have to pass it on down the line.

Comment

It's 90% original paint, hard to find anything here in Ohio that solid that hadn't been hacked up. It has 60k miles.

Comment

Huge difference on that engine before and after
                    Andy

Comment

Thanks Pismo, it was easy to climb in under the fender once the inner wheel wells were removed.

So, after the engine compartment, I moved to the interior. Before pic. IMG_20170717_152215376.jpeg

Comment

It was a mess as you can see! I sifted through foam and found a few goodies like the horn button and the last license tag from 1992 Arizona. A bunch of replacement wiper blades and a handful of expended 357 Magnum shells.

I had no interior trims or panels remaining, so I used visqueen, taped it up, traced out patterns and made my own panel backers and used spray adhesive and wrapped them in a black vinyl. The seat, I took out of my parts truck and bought a slip on cover for now. Again lots of cleaning and elbow grease. Buffing and waxing as I went along.

After video.....https://youtu.be/U7IX77-zOPo

Comment

Working...
                        X