Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

58 W100 in Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Andy, I assume you must have been having phone (Apple?) posting problems? Looks like you have now mastered it, great work on the engine and the phone.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

    Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

    1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1994 2500 4WD Regular Cab - "Old Gray"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

    Comment


    • #32
      I posted pics at the beginning of this thread, four photos at the same time even. I used a resizing app as well at 10%.

      Comment


      • #33
        Andy, great job on the photos, engine looks good to. I have an extra 315 in a parts truck, I was thinking about either selling or tearing it down, maybe after I get this project wrapped up.

        Comment


        • #34
          Ok.......I am now a subscriber! So.......let's test a pic download.
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #35
            That's a clean sweptline
            Andy

            Comment


            • #36
              Where did I leave off with this thread IMG_20170717_152511985.jpegIMG_20171027_132431986.jpegIMG_20171027_132408589.jpeg before pics stopped loading two pages ago? Oh ya, engine compt.
              After the engine fired and lifters pumped up on second start, I took it for a quick spin around the yard then out on the road to see if I could make it through the gears. There is a YouTube vid of this also, some have viewed it already. It's tough to get into granny but everything else shifted fine. So I backed it into the garage and started removing engine compt components, inner fender wells etc. I installed a new water pump, belts, hoses. Wire wheeled, sanded, degreased, and blew every thing out then began spot priming and painting. I did something different with the radiator, and left the top bare brass. Here are some before and after shots.

              Comment


              • #37
                Pismo, that was two summers ago project, had been sitting for 30 years, took me 7 weeks to get it cleaned up and gone thru. Now it's my grocery getter. Have a guy wanting it, might have to pass it on down the line.

                Comment


                • #38
                  It's 90% original paint, hard to find anything here in Ohio that solid that hadn't been hacked up. It has 60k miles.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Huge difference on that engine before and after
                    Andy

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Thanks Pismo, it was easy to climb in under the fender once the inner wheel wells were removed.

                      So, after the engine compartment, I moved to the interior. Before pic. IMG_20170717_152215376.jpeg

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        It was a mess as you can see! I sifted through foam and found a few goodies like the horn button and the last license tag from 1992 Arizona. A bunch of replacement wiper blades and a handful of expended 357 Magnum shells.

                        I had no interior trims or panels remaining, so I used visqueen, taped it up, traced out patterns and made my own panel backers and used spray adhesive and wrapped them in a black vinyl. The seat, I took out of my parts truck and bought a slip on cover for now. Again lots of cleaning and elbow grease. Buffing and waxing as I went along.

                        After video.....https://youtu.be/U7IX77-zOPo

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X