Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pismopowerwagon
    replied
    I agree, the original tank will be saved if at all possible. Only if it's rusted out will I change it. I had very good luck saving tanks with Red Coat.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    Hold on now! I didn't opt for a new tank because mine was dirty inside. I did it because the structure of the tank was practically paper thin and there were holes big enough to get four fingers in. If there was a way to save/ clean and repair my original tank, I would have done it.

Leave a comment:

• Pismopowerwagon
    replied
    If my rear tank doesn't look good inside I do the same, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    Thanks Pismo!
    Matt, the original straps fit as-is, was even able to get rubber in between the brackets and straps. It was tight, planned on longer bolts if needed, since this tank is actually 2" deeper. But it fit and exceeded my expectations. I checked into a custom made tank @ $600.00, decided to go with this tank for less than two hundred.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Welcher PWA
    replied
    That tank fits incredibly well in that area and doesn't hang down the way the stock fuel tank does. That is great. Did you make new tank straps and or modify your factory tank straps?

Leave a comment:

• Pismopowerwagon
    replied
    Nice work!! It has come along way Buddy

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    Here are some pics of fuel tank install. I used a Gates 90° fuel hose, and a 1950 Dodge pilothouse filler neck which I happened to have lying around. I ordered a rubber grommet on eBay that will fit perfectly where the filler neck goes thru the bedside.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    I solved my fuel tank issue last week. I went with a 57' Chevy tank from eBay. It was the closest in dimensions I could find. Plus, it bolted into the original brackets and straps nicely. The plumbing is a bit different but workable. My original tank was way to thin to mess with. I will get some pics of the install posted asap.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    Here are some before pics I found.....for a little perspective. Been at it for just over a year now.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    This weekend I finally got to the point of getting my rims finished and tires mounted. It's amazing how much of a difference wheels and tires make!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pismopowerwagon
    replied
    Those fit nice I will get mine soon

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    IMG_20180803_170206311.jpeg Today I sealed my floorboards with Chassis Saver and installed the shifter boots I finally settled on. A also finished the seat install. IMG_20180803_170311130.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    Oops....pics
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    Here are some pics of modifications.....first pic is the notches I had to cut on the side skirt to get the seat down in back, since I didn't want to cut the cross brace in the cab. Second pic is the original mounting tabs, I loosened the bolts and turned them. They fit over the original seat mount rails closely. I am in the process of drilling through from the inside out for new mounting bolts.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    Yesterday I decided to go back to the seat issue I have had. I previously researched through the archives for a substitute that would give my midsection the room it needed with the original large steering wheel. Last summer, I took the seat from the parts truck, repaired it, put a pull over cover on it and it bolted right up. I think it was an early 70's seat judging by some numbers I found on the underside.
    Anyway, I had a late 60's Chevy pickup seat, so I removed the one I had put in last year, did some comparative measuring and decided I wouldn't gain much. I glanced at a pilothouse seat I had picked up last summer with a load of spare parts in Michigan. My next project is a 50 B2C. I didn't really need the seat since I had a serviceable one already. I tracked the frame for it in my storage container and pulled it out........hey, I don't remember it being red, I'm thinking. Hmmmmmm............
    So I set the frame in.......thinking I have to make this work. Getting windy here so I will wrap it up. With minor modifications, the seat fit and it gives me several inches of breathing room! Here are some pics......
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X