Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrPepper
    replied
    You are right... woke up this morning to only an inch of snow...LOL. I've been working but never seem to find the camera. Welcome to the board of Giants. DrPepper

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    replied
    Spring is here gentlemen, time to start wrenching! I notice it's been a month since anyone has posted in this Power Giant section. What do y'all say we get things going again?

Leave a comment:

• Emmy41
    started a topic 58 W100 in Ohio

58 W100 in Ohio

Howdy, I have been following this and other similar forums for two years now. I grew up tinkering with late 60's early 70's muscle cars. I bought my first Dodge truck from a farmer here in Ohio back in the mid 90's, an 85 prospector royal se. I was doing alot of hauling since I was in the antique business. I kept it for about 7 years before giving it to a friend, but never forgot that feeling of driving it and that feeling of power at my command. Last summer I attended the Ron Hackenberger auction in Norwalk OH. There were 750 vehicles that had been hauler from out west during this guy's trucking career. Many of them were old dodge trucks. I have always loved the power giant style and was focussed on a 58 W100 that was a brush truck in Arizona. It had 51k showing on the odometer and the drive line was complete. There was no bed on it, but that was of little concern to me at the time. Like any auction, I had a predetermined limit set in my mind. I had to figure what it would cost me to go to Arizona, buy a truck and have it transported and added that to my limit. I won the auction at the exact limit I had set after a long pause for my final bid to let the guy know if he was just running me up, he might own it. My strategy worked. Here are some pics of the truck when I got it home.
Working...
X