new used w200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spacing

None of my w300s had even spacing. 3 grouped in the center, 2 spaced towards sides. Ive always wanted to wire the outside ones to blink with the directionals.

Comment

i checked these out a little further and they are cheapo universals, but anyhow i did a tuneup and fresh gas and new fuel filter last night and it ran like a top so i drove it to work today and it ran so terrible when i would come to a stop it would die after missing and popping and stuttering, so after work i went to the shop my brother works at and replace all the vacuum lines (which didnt help)

so i got to looking and the carburetor is leaking between the top part "lid" and the main body which is an easy fix but upon further inspection i noticed gas dripping out from the body where the rod that the throttle plate is mounted to so the carb is worn out and junk,

guess i could drill it out and press in some bronze bushing and make a new rod like i did for my old wheel horse but mi thinking i may just order a reman from rock auto, on and the vacuum advance doesn't work either

so that may be why it runs so rough at idle, guess i will go to the parts store and spend some of my overtime money, p.s. sorry for the long un-punctuated drawn out post

Comment

e. e. cummings chose to do his work in all lower case, so you're in good company.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
          e. e. cummings chose to do his work in all lower case, so you're in good company.
          Ok good, does anybody know the cfm of the stock little 2bbl on this truck ?

Comment

Btw its a carter, idk anything else since the id tag is missing

Comment

Clearance lamps were even available for D100s back in the
              day if you wanted them. I had a '68 D200 with them and also
              had a '70 W200 with them on. My '70 W200 had the original
              Meyer ["Plow With The Wind" plow package. The plow lamp frame
              looked pretty much the same as yours. Meyer plows were prevalent
              on the Sweptline Power Wagons. Your front bumper looks to
              be original. Your rear bumper might have been installed at the
              dealership where it was originally sold from. Dodge offered a
              light duty rear bumper which wasn't overly popular on the 3/4
              ton Sweptlines, as most of the owners back then preferred to
              add a heavier bumper, trailer hitch, etc..

I plowed with my '70 W200 [LA318] and also with a '68 W100
              Utiline [Slant 6] for several winters. Working those NP435 top-loader trannys
              and "arm-strong" steering will strengthen your upper body.... ;)
              John

Comment

I did get to looking at mine a little closer and they do have a Chrysler logo and has a 68 cast in the plastic too so I would assume that lense was designed in 1968, also can I put a set of aftermarket aluminum rims n these trucks or not because of the smaller 1/2" wheel studs ?

Comment

Originally posted by 1971w200 View Post
                  I did get to looking at mine a little closer and they do have a Chrysler logo and has a 68 cast in the plastic too so I would assume that lense was designed in 1968, also can I put a set of aftermarket aluminum rims n these trucks or not because of the smaller 1/2" wheel studs ?
                  If you take your bolt circle and wheel stud dimensions to a
                  competent wheel shop, they should be able to set you up
                  with an aftermarket aluminum wheel.
                  John

Comment

Well I would assume these old w220's are 8x6.5 so I will take my aluminum wheels and see if they can get the correct lug nuts

Comment

Picked Up all the.light lenses, most light sockets, mirrors, grille inserts, fender badges, hood emblem and Dodge letter and most of which are a Fair ammount verter looking than mine

Comment

Good score! Where did you find all of these parts?
                        John

Comment

Dont remember which one but it was a hot rod Forum, they guy was keeping the Drive train from a 71 2wd camperspecial and selling/scraping the rest

Comment

Working...
                          X