W500 1963 Warn Hubs and further questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
    I am not certain, but would guess some sort of bolt-on dust cap.
    I have never had either the cap or the flange off.

Oddly, I bought a set of selector type locking hubs off of Ebay for $99, about 3 yrs before I even bought a W600 to put them on.

Bucky
    My guess is behind that 4-bolt center cap there will be a retainer clip or bolt holding the axle shaft in. That would need to be removed before you can remove outer disc/hub.

Comment

Originally posted by Connecticut Yank View Post
      Now that is the kind of forward thinking that none of our spousal units ever appreciates. At least mine doesn't.
      I wasn't married at the time.... in fact I didn't get married until last July, at the age of 44.

All the W500/W600 stuff was purchased before she arrived, and she was warned that it's not going anywhere lol.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Pismopowerwagon View Post
        My guess is behind that 4-bolt center cap there will be a retainer clip or bolt holding the axle shaft in. That would need to be removed before you can remove outer disc/hub.
        I figure some sort of snap ring might be in there. Since everything works as it's supposed to, I see no reason to disturb it. In my younger days I would take something apart just to see how it worked, which is fine if it is a spare/unused/broken component. But now in my old age I don't fix things that still function.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
          I figure some sort of snap ring might be in there. Since everything works as it's supposed to, I see no reason to disturb it. In my younger days I would take something apart just to see how it worked, which is fine if it is a spare/unused/broken component. But now in my old age I don't fix things that still function.

Bucky
          I'm gettin there :) I use to take things apart and see how they work and then put them back together. Now I just take them apart LOL

Comment

Working...
          X