Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	181454

Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	181455

Finally got my long awaited truck home. Aside from the welded on cab top and minor (I hope) cancer in the bed, I couldn't of found a better candidate for a future rebuild. Other than that it only has three barely noticable dents, and a very solid interior!!! I've always wanted one of these trucks and could hardly beleive that a guy I work with has had this truck in the pasture and was going to trade it for an a/c unit for his other farm truck. Lucky for me the trade fell through i purchased it for $500!!! Now that its home the fuel system, except the tank, has been gone through. New lines and rebuilt pump and carb. and new plugs, points, rotor, condensor, and coil are on the way. The best part about the truck was that it is an old fire truck of the county i live in and also came with the green equipment log book from the U.S. ARMY. This truck has potential as well as history!!!

Welcome!

badmferguson,

Welcome to the "M" side of the Power Wagon family! It looks like you scored a good find.

Get'er runnin' and fix her up as you go. That way you can enjoy it right away.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Longhunter7

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to get pictures posted of the progress tomorrow. Its only been a couple of days but already I have the bed off, fuel lines on, carb. and fuel pump rebuilt, and the windsheilds out. Distributor parts and plugs will be in Wednsday so a hopeful crank that afternoon. The truck turns over great but I'm not getting fire to the plugs. Also a much needed master cylinder is on the way.

GREAT picture by the way!!!

Comment

Great day, great truck and great fortune! Welcome, and wow, what a deal. I don't know M's personally, but the guys around here know every nut, bolt and screw. Enjoy yourself...
        JimmieD

Comment

badmferguson:

CONGRATS on your awesome find. Great price too. Then add to it that ya have it's history too. WOW, I'm jealous. So what are your plans for it? Mods or historic rebuild? Just get it running & cruise?

Good Luck
          Ugg

Comment

Plans!!!

For right now I just plan to get it running and enjoy it before the tear down to do a historic resto. At first, I wanted to do a cummins swap due to the fact that my '04 has the 5.9 HO in it. I LOVE THE POWER!!! Especially with the added 100hp, but not to get off subject. Later, I decided to do a historic rebuild due to that every year Centerville, TX (population 902)has a 4th of July parade and thought that how cool would it be to have the towns old fire truck, restored back to military, leading the pack!!!

Comment

Very cool!

Sounds like you have a good plan.

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X