Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone identify this military truck bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone identify this military truck bed?

This truck bed is located at the farm where I am scrapping out a bunch of farm implements. Just curious as to what it goes to.
    Attached Files

I can't tell size from the pic but it looks like a 2-1/2 ton trailer bed. They are **** for stout if you can grab it and slap it on a good single axle frame.

Comment

Originally posted by HWooldridge View Post
      I can't tell size from the pic but it looks like a 2-1/2 ton trailer bed. They are **** for stout if you can grab it and slap it on a good single axle frame.
      I guess I can measure it the next time I am at the farm. It is one of the things that I can take with me. I figured that I would put it on ebay but wasn't sure what to list it under.

Comment

That is an old Army surplus "bed".They surplused mess of them around here back in the late 70's.Seemed like every farm truck in eastern Ohio and Western PA had them at one time.It will bolt right on a 70's era Ford pickup.Nice get,don't scrap it.Anything else neat in the farm pile?I wonder how that would look on my W200?And I have seen one on a FFPW.

Comment

Originally posted by The Other Ross View Post
          That is an old Army surplus "bed".They surplused mess of them around here back in the late 70's.Seemed like every farm truck in eastern Ohio and Western PA had them at one time.It will bolt right on a 70's era Ford pickup.Nice get,don't scrap it.Anything else neat in the farm pile?I wonder how that would look on my W200?And I have seen one on a FFPW.
          If you are interested, you are welcome to take a look at it and make an offer. I plan on posting some pics of the farm stuff here soon, might be going back for a few more photos.

Comment

Jinx:

I have to go with the trailer bed. It looks like a M105 (1.5 ton), which were pulled by deuce's.

Later
            Ugg

Comment

Originally posted by Ugg013 View Post
              Jinx:

I have to go with the trailer bed. It looks like a M105 (1.5 ton), which were pulled by deuce's.

Later
              Ugg
              Thanks for the input Ugg. If I ever get around to listing it on Epay I will have to include that in the description.

Comment

trailer bed

It is either an M101 or M105 trailer bed. My vote from looking at the picture is that it is an M101 just like mine. M101 is 6' x 8', and an M105 is 7' x 9'.
                Attached Files

Comment

It's not an M101, it's too big for that.
                  101's look like this:

I DO like that Alaskan Camper though!!!

Added today, 12-22, I beg your pardon Keith! For whatever reason the 1/4 and 3/4 ton trailers are BOTH designated M101?? Not like the military to run out of numbers....= )
                  So if it's a 3/4 ton it's also an M101.
                  What is the distance from the front bulkhead to the axle centerline? Wondering if it would work as a bed on an M715?
                  Last edited by MoparNorm; 12-22-2007, 01:13 PM. Reason: added comment:

Comment

trailer boxes

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                    For whatever reason the 1/4 and 3/4 ton trailers are BOTH designated M101? . . . What is the distance from the front bulkhead to the axle centerline? Wondering if it would work as a bed on an M715?
                    I am not familar with the 1/4 ton trailer designations. Part of the confusion may be the abbreviation. My trailer is actually an M101A1. I've also owned an M101A2 which differs from the A1 in that it has 8 lug wheels and a surge hitch - boxes look very similar.

The distance from the outside of the bulkhead to the axle centerline on the M101A1 is about 54". It is about 58" on the M105. Since these trailer boxes are constructed using mostly flat and square surfaces, the wheel opening can be easily modified to accomodate different lengths and widths. I opened up the wheel tub width from 46" to 49" to fit my Alaskan, and I've sectioned 2' of width and about 2' of length on an M105 bed for a pick-up truck box I am working on. Govliquidation has sold lots of these 3/4 and 1.5 ton boxes for dirt cheap.

http://image59.webshots.com/59/5/16/...9wJmhMl_fs.jpg

Comment

the trailer in the last picture looks like a Canadian 101, they are diffrent than the American 101s

Comment

Originally posted by n1265 View Post
                        the trailer in the last picture looks like a Canadian 101, they are diffrent than the American 101s
                        That's because of Canadian deflation.....= )

Comment

Working...
                        X