No announcement yet.

1973 crewcab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a little more welding to do and finish grinding and then I'll put down some seam sealer and it'll be good enough for me.

Comment

And today I got the driver side tacked together. I'll finish welding it out tomorrow and finish the little bit around the windshield gasket area and the cowel will be all done.

Comment

I don't have any fancy tools like an english wheel or a shrinker/stretcher to do this, so I'm doing it old school with all the tricks I can think of.

Comment

Since I didn't have the ability to form a complex shape like the original I had to make it a little piece at a time and weld them all together.

Comment

The reason for the green paint is I was stripping the rust off my patch panels and I needed some paint to keep the rust from coming back. Why waste the good stuff so I used up the sublime green paint. I've got some more work to do tomorrow and it'll be done then.

Comment

I've had this idea rolling around in my head for awhile and I wasn't much in the mood to work on the cowel area again today. Here's the before.

and cut

And after. Either I'm a huge smoker or . . . .?

Comment

So, what are you going to hide behind that door?
                I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                Will
                WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Driver and passenger handgun compartments?

Comment

He's in Texas, so I doubt he has to conceal it. Perhaps he's hiding the video screen?
                    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                    Will
                    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Originally posted by OLD DODGE View Post
                      Driver and passenger handgun compartments?
                      I do like that idea though, but it's something different. Contrary to popular belief not all of us here in Texas walk around with 6 shooters on their hips and not all of us ride horses everyday either. LOL. I got some done today, but not as much as I wanted. I had some life insurance guy stop by and his 10 minutes spiel turned out to be a whole lot long which cut into my fabricating time. I guess ya'll will have to wait just a few more days to see what's going to be behind that door.
                      gotta hang a hinge first

and then modify the ash tray

Comment

And then I got everything bolted together.

And open

Comment

If you hadn't noticed my now how I'm keeping the door shut. It's a metal dash and ash tray so why not use a magnet? It's just one of the cabinet door magnets from Home Depot. We'll see how that works out.

And of course I had to mount it in the truck to check it all out.

I think when everything is all done my item inside the ash tray will fit nicely.

Comment

behind the door?

a switch that shoots tacks and oil out the back of the truck to slow down the bad guys ?

Comment

Who knows, maybe James Bond will be driving this in the next movie.

Comment

The suspense is killing me! I want to know what it's for!

Comment

Working...
                                X