No announcement yet.

F/S 1965 W500 parts truck in N.Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron, another option would be removing out rears & loading the truck backwards on your trailer.

Comment

Measurements

Aaron, the front tires need about 85". The rear duals need 93", but removing the outer wheels knocks it down to about 74".

Bucky

Comment

Thanks Bucky. It sounds like it's not going to fit on the trailer. Even putting it on the trailer backwards, the fenders start right at the dovetail and the front wheels would have to fit between the fenders in order to get them up on the deck and have enough room for the ramps to fold up. I don't have access to a really big gooseneck any more so it looks like this is going to be a bust for me. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me about it though, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S View Post
          Thanks Bucky. It sounds like it's not going to fit on the trailer. Even putting it on the trailer backwards, the fenders start right at the dovetail and the front wheels would have to fit between the fenders in order to get them up on the deck and have enough room for the ramps to fold up. I don't have access to a really big gooseneck any more so it looks like this is going to be a bust for me. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me about it though, I really appreciate it.
          Not a problem. It was a pain to get here, as was the W600, and likely will be a pain to get gone lol

Thanks,
          Bucky

Comment

Bucky, can you give me your address for picking up the winch? You can e-mail if you'd like, dryan@bellevillefence.net Thanks Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougdodgeman View Post
              Bucky, can you give me your address for picking up the winch? You can e-mail if you'd like, dryan@bellevillefence.net Thanks Doug
              Winch & related parts are at my Dad's.

400 Preston
              Pottsboro, Tx 75076

Comment

Brake drums

Any chance you have the frt brake drums and they will fit on a 6 bolt 1963 W300 , the dimensions are 14 1/8 x 1 3/4 inch , I need rear as well but not sure the dually ones will fit , they are 13 x 2 1/2 inch

New to this Power Wagon species so please be patient with me

Thanks Brad

905 650 9168

Comment

I have been following you on your search for 6 lug W300 drums.
                  Mine won't work. You need drums for a Dana 70. This truck has Rockwell axles. Different manufacturer, different animal.

But I did post on one of your other threads (on this forum) about Dodge using Dana 70 front on some 74-77 W600's. I'm pretty sure its a larger bolt pattern though.

Bucky

Comment

How much to part with the both axles? And a price just for the front one? Please. Thx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by jbtsurf View Post
                      How much to part with the both axles? And a price just for the front one? Please. Thx in advance.
                      Would you be willing/able to come remove them yourself? Since I live over 2 hrs away from the truck I've not much time to mess with it. I haven't bothered removing them yet because then I'm stuck with what to do with the frame/cab haha.

I'd let them go for $500/pair, or $400 for just the front. The selectable hubs themselves almost are worth that.

Keep in mind the brakes will probably have to be totally redone. I'd imagine the seals & wheel cylinders are corroded badly. I'm not certain of the conditions of the shoes as I have never had the drums off. FWIW the wheels turn freely, aren't locked up..... And I am not certain as to the availability of brake parts for these axles. Dodge stopped using this particular style front axle in 1973.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                        By far the biggest deterant to dealing with W500's is the sheer expense of transportation costs. They are tall, wide, long & heavy. Plus even if they are in perfect running order, they are too slow to drive any great distance.

Bucky
                        Bucky- no truer words were ever spoken. I just moved a W500 Bus from New Hampshire to Connecticut via my John Deere dealer. It once resided in Texas in the service of the Air Force.
                        Bucky I would love to have your chassis.

Comment

These trucks are popping up all over. I hope they all find good homes.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                          X