big block flywheel for use with C-93961 bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
    For the most part, YES. Most 6 bolt flywheels will bolt to any 6 bolt crankshaft flange, but bellhousing determines diameter/offset needed. Balance is also an issue.

The flywheel I have has the #3732638 stamped on the engine side of the ring gear. After the 8 is an "S" with a circle around it.

Bucky
    Thank you for taking the time to look at your flywheel for me. That number cross references to a ring gear that has the same specks that you listed before. Now I know that I am on the right track.

Comment

Your welcome!!
      If it wasn't 108 outside I'd pull the dust cover off of my W600 & see if it has the same number. My W600 has LA318-3 mated to NP540.

Where are you able to cross reference parts numbers?

Bucky

Comment

Your welcome!!
        If it wasn't 108 outside I'd pull the dust cover off of my W600 & see if it has the same number. My W600 has LA318-3 mated to NP540.

Where are you able to cross reference parts numbers?

Bucky
        I know what you mean on this past 4th of July it was about 102 when I was pulling the old slant 6 on my truck. That is just too HOT. As far as the number it crosses over to the ring gear replacement but no flywheel info. All of you info matched prefect "tooth count and size". Was going to ask if that number came off of the ring gear or the flywheel. The only other flywheel pictures I found had my bell your 5 speed new process 540 and a flywheel marked 2515978 and 1733880 on the ring gear. The gear numbers crosses to RIng Gear Outer Diameter=15.869" Inner Diameter 14.691" Pitch=12 Width=.375" Teeth=186 but the flywheel number I get nothing.

Comment

The 186 tooth flywheels may be for the pre-69 engines that used a hydraulic actuated clutch & 3 bolt direct drive starters. Lotsa of info about them on the sweptline sites.

My number came off of the actual ring gear, the flywheel doesnt show any markings.

Bucky

Comment

My bellhousing has the number 3681632-ND cast into it. It was made in March 1974.

Bucky

Comment

My bellhousing has the number 3681632-ND cast into it. It was made in March 1974.

Bucky
              Thank you for all you time and help. I still have not found a flywheel yet but it will help now knowing what I need look for.

Comment

Those D500 trucks & S600 buses turn up time to time. You may have to buy a whole rig just for a single part, or just keep searching the junkyards & heavy eqp yards. I think any NP540 5-speed med duty truck will have a flywheel that you can use once you rebalance it.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                X