Questions about the 2010 Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the 2010 Rally

Hi guys im new to the board and live in north central Iowa.What are the dates for the 2010 rally and what is the schedule for activities? I have an original paint , zero rust 1978 FACTORY 440 short box 4x4 and would like to attend if possible. Thanks

70's

not sure on the 2010 dates but, the 70's Power Wagons had a good turnout in 2008. A couple of guys drove all the way from Utah. I plan on being there with a 75 w200 crew cab.

Comment

Welcome Shorty!
      June 9-12,2010.
      And Andrew It would be nice to see you again.
      TGP
      WDX & Misc. Pics.
      http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
      "47" Dodge WDX WW
      "52" Dodge M-37 WW
      "54" Willys M38A1
      "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
      "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
      "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
      "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
      "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
      "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
        I plan on being there with a 75 w200 crew cab.
        Someone best get busy :)

Comment

Oh my gosh. I'm no where close to being ready. How many days to go?

Comment

Looking forward to the 2010 rally as well. It was already past when I found out about it in 2008 and had my truck down for upgrades for the 2009 rally. I'm really looking forward to hitting it next year.

Where in North Central Iowa are you at Shorty? I'm in Charles City myself and it's always good to meet another local Dodge guy.

Comment

Plymsatellite66 Im in Clarion i think im west of you and a little south about 1.5 hours just guessing. Back to the Rally is it for certain years or should i say is my 78 ok to bring? Also is it just a show or what exactly goes on im not sure i want to try any back flips with my truck or anything i kinda like it ?

Comment

Originally posted by 78440shorty View Post
                Plymsatellite66 Im in Clarion i think im west of you and a little south about 1.5 hours just guessing. Back to the Rally is it for certain years or should i say is my 78 ok to bring? Also is it just a show or what exactly goes on im not sure i want to try any back flips with my truck or anything i kinda like it ?
                The rally is for anything Dodge with more emphsis on the Power Wagons built from 1946-68. Every year of Dodge truck is welcome. Have you attended a family reunion? Well the rally is on much the same order. We get together to meet friends we've made from past rallies and to meet the first timers as well. The rally has a number of things to do including repair sessions to learn more about working on our trucks. Walking through the VPW lot the first time is a trip in itself. We have trail rides several times during the rally. We roast hot dogs and try our luck at the teeter board. That is a lot of fun, trying to balance your truck on steel ramps as you back up and pull forward. And we eat, you want to be sure to attend the dinner on Wed if at all possible. Our trucks bring us to the rally but it's the people you meet that draws you back. I've met numerous friends at this rally and look forward to seeing them every year. You will not be disappointed in attending, besides you have to be in the parade on Saturday morning. Everyone does the parade from the fairgrounds to the town square which is a sight in itself. So we'll see you there next June right?

Comment

Ron
                  I was all for it untill you compared it to MY family reunion!
                  We obviously are NOT in the same family or you would have NEVER compared the rally to my reunion and actually thought that id go!

Comment

difference

Whats the difference between inlaws and outlaws.................
                    Outlaws are wanted!!

Comment

There is LOTS that you can do whether you are there for the day or the week.
                      Trail riding is fun and can be as gentle as driving through pasture or heading down to the Mud with the Mud Boys....

It is much like "a Good" family reunion where there is no drama and nothing but good times. Either hanging out at the fairgrounds kicking tires or at one the of events or grabbing a meal at "Hy-Vee".

What's even better is great people Like Ron, Roger, Bruce, Jon, Jill, Mark, Will, and a whole slew of other people that just make the event much more enjoyable. And if you don't happen to bring a truck (like me) for the 4th or 5th time that I've attended the event, you can still have ton's of fun. Some who happen to take an extra truck may just ask you to drive their truck in the parade! Then there are others who leave their truck for you to drive in the parade while they go on a road trip to fetch other trucks.

Just start planning on attending and you will see what we are all talking about!

Pieter

Two trucks that I've driven in the parade (which are not mine)

hanging out with the "Mud Boys"

Comment

Originally posted by 78440shorty View Post
                        Ron
                        I was all for it untill you compared it to MY family reunion!
                        We obviously are NOT in the same family or you would have NEVER compared the rally to my reunion and actually thought that id go!
                        Well it's like they say, you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends but you CAN'T pick your relatives.

Comment

Iowa 2010

Tom P looking forward to seeing you again. Ron when does the Iowa shuttle pull out for the 2010 rally? I'd like to reserve a spot early. you know that it takes me a while to pack my fancy luggage. 4 packs of smokes and a new toothbrush in a plastic shopping bag. I hope tractor supply has some fancy new bib overalls waiting for me! the rest of my needs are waiting at the Fairfield dollar store. I travel light

Comment

The truck leaves at 6AM on Wednesday. I thought you were working at giving up the cancer sticks. Parts and labor for Canyon Rose are going up in smoke at $5 a pack. Anyone else reading this thread, believe him when he says he travels light.

Comment

what are the costs of attending the rally? Thanks
                              DB69

Comment

Working...
                              X