No announcement yet.

Questions about the 2010 Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think last year it was 116.00 to attend everything. Wednesday - Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
      The rally is for anything Dodge with more emphsis on the Power Wagons built from 1946-68. Every year of Dodge truck is welcome. Have you attended a family reunion? Well the rally is on much the same order. We get together to meet friends we've made from past rallies and to meet the first timers as well. The rally has a number of things to do including repair sessions to learn more about working on our trucks. Walking through the VPW lot the first time is a trip in itself. We have trail rides several times during the rally. We roast hot dogs and try our luck at the teeter board. That is a lot of fun, trying to balance your truck on steel ramps as you back up and pull forward. And we eat, you want to be sure to attend the dinner on Wed if at all possible. Our trucks bring us to the rally but it's the people you meet that draws you back. I've met numerous friends at this rally and look forward to seeing them every year. You will not be disappointed in attending, besides you have to be in the parade on Saturday morning. Everyone does the parade from the fairgrounds to the town square which is a sight in itself. So we'll see you there next June right?
      Don't forget the W-series, or Sweptline, trucks, up through 71. Also, we are seeing a lot more of the 72 and later trucks. Pretty fun.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I'm planning on being there, I had a good time for my first rally in '09 and I plan on being there on Wed. I don't know if I will have my m37b1 done by then but I'm trying.
        Paul from Janesville, Wis.
        1945 CJ2a
        1955 CJ5
        1953 m37 in pieces
        1961 m37b1 in less pieces
        1995 Dodge 2500 Cummins powered

Comment

Since ive never been there im just double checking the ralley is in Fairfield correct? Also where do you go when you get there? Do you take over the town ,are you at the fairgrounds,,where do i go? Id like to more less just park my truck in the line and look around at others,dont get me wrong my trucks not that nice but it's original for the most part.Is there one day out of the show days that you guys meet and moreless stay in one spot instead of being gone out on trails ect? Thats the day i want to be there! Thanks

Comment

Yes it is in Fairfield, Iowa. We don't "take over" the town but there are always trucks running up and down the main drag. The fairgrounds are on the west end of town and that's where you want to start out to get your registration packet. You are going to preregister correct? This will come out around April on VPW's website or in the PWA. Once you are checked in you find a place in the line up and park your truck. No particular order, just park it. You can then go about meeting everyone at the rally. There are always trucks and people at the fairgrounds, trail rides are not mandatory but I recommend them. If you don't want to take your truck you can ask to ride with anyone else who has room. Figure this as a family reunion but you're not related to anyone so enjoy yourself. Never worry about the condition of your truck, they run from original survivors to $100K restorations with everything in between. The big parade is on Saturday morning when everyone lines up to parade down to the town square and it's a real town square of a city block. There you and everyone else can see ALL the trucks but it's over by late morning. Some people pull out to go home after the parade so if you want to see the most trucks sitting be there by Thursday or Friday. See you there. One word of caution, attending the rally is habit forming haha.

Comment

Habit Forming?

You Betcha! I started planning this years rally before I left the rally last year!

Comment

longhunter

I believe this thread calls for the obligatory 1974 w300 minipumper Power Wagon gracefully perched upon the teeter board.

Comment

Gracefully perched naaaa

how about a photo of Miss Eudora decisively conquering the formidable iron beam of equlibrium.. yeah that sounds better

Comment

BeeUteeful!

74w300uteline,

Your request is graciously granted! It is a thing of beauty!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ron and Stubby

Here is one of the best reasons for attending this years rally. You will get to meet one of the nicest guys and best looking Dodges at the rally.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ron and Jon

Great food and great people are what keeps us coming back again year after year.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hey, I know that guy! Yep a great person with a sweet truck.

I'm not sure my Fire Truck will fit on the teeter board .

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                          Will
                          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

There goes my witness protection program

Thanks, but I'm nothing special. Just doing what I was taught by doing good by others to get it in return. It makes it all worth it when you have the respect of your peers, thanks again you guys are the best.

That was some night at that rally flipping hot dogs with Jon. I had fun believe me. Maybe next time I'll remember the time difference. LOL What are those sirens for?

Andrew, you were great on the teeter board for a Jersey boy haha. Glad you had a good time during that rally too.

Comment

June 2010

I can't wait for spring! Did you guys know Ron's having a rally at his house May 15 and 16?, More fun with great friends and Dodge trucks! (Is there any other kind?-No!)
                              DB69

Comment

I'm not sure my Fire Truck will fit on the teeter board .

[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Judd put the War Wagon on it one year. I thought sure it was going to spring the ramps or he was going to drive them through the concrete slab. Your firetruck would be something to see on the board. Problem would be getting it to Fairfield $$$$. Thanks compliments.

Comment

Working...
                                X