No announcement yet.

VPW Rally Poll for attendees and non-attendees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iam also a 1.5 - have never been but im going this year - for sure and im bringing the kid and my old man to. Will take lots of pictures - have to show the little lady im not the only "lunatic" on the planet.

Comment

I'll be a 1+ ! I've been dreaming of making it for 8+ years and this year I'll make it! A pilgrimage to Mecca?! (No offense meant to anyone). I'm a transplanted Iowa native so it will be a homecoming as well. I drive truck and occaisionally get through the neighborhood but never at the right time. This year I planned vacation time just for the rally and will fly out from Colorado for the Fri and Sat festivities. Hope to meet many new friends and connections. I'll be easy to spot... look for the happy idiot with the smile a mile wide!

Comment

Originally posted by doo_da_man2000 View Post
        ... this year I'll make it! A pilgrimage to Mecca?! (No offense meant to anyone)...
        Go ahead and offend them, they are after all trying to kill us......if we lose our freedom of speech for political correctness, then they have already won...

Comment

Sorry Norm, I meant not to offend any of my fellow Americans for using the Mecca reference. I could'nt care less about the opposition.

Comment

Ha!Ha! Gotcha!
            We have a "town" called Mecca out here, they raise date palms and it looks a little like Arabia, except it's all Rednecks...ha!ha!
            The truth be known, there are many, many Muslims that do not subscribe to the radical line, but they are much too silent.

Comment

I am in the "#1" category, for the time being anyway. As time permits I will be attending the show with a Power Wagon.
              Distance would be an obstacle that I would have to overcome and may be worth documenting for a TV special. I would watch a "made for TV hour long special featuring a Power Wagon excursion to the mecca of like minded mostly male flat head portable power enthusiasts.
              I better get to work and finish the 1956 Fargo knuckle buster before I get to carried away with this plan...

Comment

Two Iowa rallys, one with truck, one without. Did I mention my superb rookie teeter board performance. Third place. When the steel boards crash down the first time forward BANG, you know your alive. Once you realize that this endevor will not kill you, its unbeliveable fun The enthusiastic crowd is absolutely no help. hoots and hollers, conflicting advise,undecipherable hand gestures, faster,slower,foward, stop, back a little, oh too far, BANG After that its just dumb luck.

Comment

I've been there every year since 1997, almost missed one 5 years ago but drove down on the last Sunday to get my t-shirt, renew PWA, and cruise VPW for the leftovers.
                  1949 B-1 PW
                  1950 B-2 PW
                  1965 WM300
                  1968 D200 camper special (W200 conversion)
                  1970 Challenger RT 383
                  1987 Ramcharger 4x4
                  1991.5 W250 diesel
                  1999 Jeep Cherokee limited 4x4
                  2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Comment

You can make this an actual poll, you know....
                    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
                    X