Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

converting a 1973 D200 (2x4) into a W200 (4x4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acudanut View Post
    If you read everything here, you would know I have already completed the project. BTW Dodge did not build a 73 Club Cab 3/4 ton 4x4. That's why I DID.
    You are assuming that I did not read the whole thread, that would be a wrong assumption on your part.
    I have been busy for the last few months and have missed quite a good number of posts so I am catching up on a few, this thread caught my interest and I felt like responding more for the sake of the thread than anything else.
    I hope things are well with you and yours acudanut.

Comment

Originally posted by acudanut View Post
      Still trying to load pictures here. If you want pictures or cannot find it on E-bay. E-mail at www.acudanut@embarqmail.com Thanks,Mike
      To upload pictures here you need to be a magazine subscriber or premium forum user.

See....

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/placead.html

Send me an ad for the magazine; it must include area code and phone for those readers not on the web.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
        This used to be a 1/2 ton 1985 2wheel drive city truck, we bought the truck after the guy spent a whole lotta cash and time into it to make it the way it looks today. It now has a 93 cab, 3/4 ton chassis and dana 60 axles under it.
        Personally I would start with a 4x4 chassis in the interest of saving time and possibly money.

how much lift is on it, how much did you buy it for, and can you send some more pictures of it?!!!!

i have a '78 4x4 shortbed stepside that now has 3/4 ton runnin gear and a soon to be big block 5speed conversion.

awesome lookin truck. these are RARE to see.

Comment

I finally got me beast back to work this weekend, it turned out much better than expected.

I figured the ride would suffer going to the solid axle front but I was wrong. The weight of the CTD left my 2wd suspension with very little travel, big bumps would knock the change out of the ashtray. The stock leaf springs and 33" tires make for a smooth ride.

Mag-Hytec covers on the axles and a Borgeson steering shaft were the big purchases, the front inner fenders got sprayed with bedliner material on the tire side and fresh paint on the engine side.

It took 3 months start to finish, If I ever put another Cummins in a crew cab I'll swap the suspension first....

Comment

Originally posted by MoparDave View Post
            I finally got me beast back to work this weekend, it turned out much better than expected.

I figured the ride would suffer going to the solid axle front but I was wrong. The weight of the CTD left my 2wd suspension with very little travel, big bumps would knock the change out of the ashtray. The stock leaf springs and 33" tires make for a smooth ride.

Mag-Hytec covers on the axles and a Borgeson steering shaft were the big purchases, the front inner fenders got sprayed with bedliner material on the tire side and fresh paint on the engine side.

It took 3 months start to finish, If I ever put another Cummins in a crew cab I'll swap the suspension first....
            Very nice! I just sent you an email.
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
            X