No announcement yet.

Cordless Tool Update- DeWalt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice space Norm but all it needs is a truck!

Comment

Or Several

Lots ceiling fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickcall
        JD,
        You make it sound all romantic, loving every minute of burning, welding, and grinding hot metal out in the shop during this last heat wave! I think my coveralls had 10 lbs of water in them and my boots were starting to overflow! Did PM ever do an artical on air conditioning for uninsulated metal buildings?

Nice writing!
        Hmmm....actually I spent that heat waving week out in the back yard with the Millermatic 35 singing away, welding on the Town Wagon, grinding with my Makitas, cutting with the trusty Victor sets and having a ball! Of course I'm one of those guys that loves dry, arid desert and I use the appropriate insulated clothing, with lots of water and electrolytes....

Just ordered a set of brushes for my oldest piece of junk Makita grinder, an NR 9514B that I got in '95 as I recall, which has been harshly abused on a whole bunch of metal over the years. It's old enough that the tool guy [youngster] hadn't ever seen one, but the arbor bearings are still tight as a drum and it only needs brushes to grind away for years to come. Drilled a few more holes with my piece of garbage Makita 6093-D 9.6 volt that's going on 14 years. Both 6012HD are still going strong, as is the other 6093-D, all old Makita cordless, all 9.6 volt. Somebody dropped that last one 6 feet onto concrete and broke the hi-lo speed selector and bent the arbor. Pounded arbor straight and just run it on lo speed now but Hi speed still works.

NOTE: I'd rather enjoy the romance of welding and grinding in a heat wave than in a snow storm ha haha!

JimmieD
        Last edited by JimmieD; 08-01-2006, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X