Cool metal working tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool metal working tools

Since I've started doing more sheetmetal work on trucks I've had my eye on Eastwood's Shrinker/Stretcher combo to help speed things up. I ordered a set before I went to CT and today I finally had time to try them out. These things are the slickest tools I've come across in a long time. It's really amazing how they work and make just what I'll need. I'm redoing Jill's PPE Townwagon currently and the one fender she brought has a badly rusted trailing edge. With this new tool I'll be able to make a perfect patch panel and save a huge amount of time. Plus it will be a better job in the end. I also ordered a set of Cleco pins and pliers to help with laying up panels. If these work as well as I think they will it should make a big difference in doing the rear wheel well lips. I'm no pro at bodywork but these new additions will help make the job easier.

did ya get the manual version or the powered version? I'll guess the manual version? I've been looking at those for a long time too. Guess I'll just drop by the shop with some sheet metal in hand...

Pieter

Comment

We have a winner, yes the manual set. They had a sale on them so I saved $30 which pushed me over the edge to get them. With the sheet metal brake and the combo I'm getting closer to having what it takes but they still have a lot of other nice things in the catalog... It states it's best to make a cardboard template of the part you want to make of the curve to get it right as you press your part. I will be experimenting I'm sure. I've got a new piece of sheet so bring your template.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
        We have a winner, yes the manual set. They had a sale on them so I saved $30 which pushed me over the edge to get them. With the sheet metal brake and the combo I'm getting closer to having what it takes but they still have a lot of other nice things in the catalog... It states it's best to make a cardboard template of the part you want to make of the curve to get it right as you press your part. I will be experimenting I'm sure. I've got a new piece of sheet so bring your template.
        I sense photographs and an article in this....
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
          I sense photographs and an article in this....
          I guess I could add it to the list other articles I thought I'd have written by now. I will certainly try on this subject Gordon.

Comment

I guess I could add it to the list other articles I thought I'd have written by now. I will certainly try on this subject Gordon.

:-)

Thank you....

Comment

In case you haven't guessed..... occasionally I reply while logged in as Julz.

hahaha

Comment

Sorry I guess I missed that one. I renewed my subscription by PayPal today after a hassle with signing in on PayPal. I thought I had the correct password but it wouldn't connect. I then hit the Forget Password link which did not go to the security question but rather it asked for my bank account number. I jumped through some hoops and hope you received my payment for renewal. I'm beginning to wonder about this PayPal business.
                As for the article I will give serious thought to the process of documenting and writing a good piece.

Comment

Sorry I guess I missed that one.

I renewed my subscription by PayPal today after a hassle with signing in on PayPal. I thought I had the correct password but it wouldn't connect. I then hit the Forget Password link which did not go to the security question but rather it asked for my bank account number. I jumped through some hoops and hope you received my payment for renewal. I'm beginning to wonder about this PayPal business.

As for the article I will give serious thought to the process of documenting and writing a good piece.
                  There is enough mention of paypal and enough paypal logo presence that it could cause one to think that it required paypal. But, you can use any of the major credit cards. And thank you, yes, it worked!

Thank you for thinking of an article, we would all like it....

Comment

Working...
                  X