Another cordless drill thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But seriously, folks.....

I still have the hard-wired Makita. It was very handy working job sites. I could work off my truck at the vises on back or whatever and have some full power 12V, or I could pull the quick-disconnect pigtail and slap in a battery and use the drill inside a factory to install equipment or devices. Obviously the available amperage from a 1,000+ CCA truck battery was a smidge more than the Makita 9.6V so it could really rock & roll off of truck voltage torque. Also a fresh battery could be charging inside while using the drill off the cord outside....

Comment

How silly of me,..the refrigerator was inside the truck!....you only had to drag the truck.....= )

Comment

Yeah, you saw the inside of my truck: everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink! Sure miss the hot tub, but just got tired of all that water sloshing all over everything all the time. Hopefully I'll get used to only having the dry sauna and the shower from now on, and the massaging recliner chair helps make up for it too... :~ )

Comment

Kind of like Johnny Carson

If the joke don't go over the first time, tell it again! ;^)

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
          Yeah but it kind of takes the portable aspect away....drill a hole, drag the car, drill a hole, drag the car....= )
          Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
          Sort of spoils my vision of cordless and portable...drill a hole, then drag the Townie to the next one's location, then drill a hole, change batteries, drag the refrigerator to the next hole.......ha!ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
            If the joke don't go over the first time, tell it again! ;^)
            Hey! Jim added the refridgerator....= )

Comment

But seriously, folks...

...do any of today's portable tools, 'cordless' battery powered or otherwise, come with 12V adapters to plug into the cigarette lighter, or with 12V vehicle battery-to-tool battery chargers? Whole bunch of guys in the trades work off their trucks, so it seems pretty practical, especially with a dual battery rig with an isolator charger. The 9.6V running off 12V was about like adding nitrous to your flathead 6, without scattering chunks of cylinder head and rods all over the landscape.

Just thinking again, but for some jobs a 1/2" drill using a 12V starter motor for remote location use could be a pretty mean machine?

Comment

Working...
              X