New Cummins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cummins

I just came across this press release, dated today, from Cummins.
    It appears that the much rumored new Cummins V-6 AND V-8 are going to be built for......(insert fanfare here)......Chrysler (insert Jeep and Dodge here!)
    The V-8 is a light weight axle twister with better performance than the 5.7 Hemi at a 61% improvement in fuel economy!
    The V-6 is also formidable. Here are the specs for the V-6:
    4.2 Liter
    237 HP
    430 ft. lbs
    22.2 mpg average economy in the 5,250 lb. test Durango. That's 60% better than the 4.7.
    25 mpg highway.
    20 mpg city.
    663 lbs dry weight.
    Tier 2 Bin 5 compliant for EPA AND CA.
    Scheduled to be on the market for the 2009-2010 MY.
    MN

New engines

I heard all this from our Cummins Rep. that calls on us here. He says news of it is very secretive, said they had been told new engines were coming & they would be exclusive to a certain (unnamed) automotive manufacturer. He said this with a chuckle as they are only directly tied in with Chrysler Corp. at this time. His opinion was it is to help them get more competitive with the competitions market of the 7.3 & 6.5 diesels. According to him, you can expect the quality to take a down turn when compared to the in-line 6 Cummins engines. Guess we'll see. I'll post more as I'm made aware.
    Last edited by Charles Talbert; 10-26-2006, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks Charles!
      I would appreciate any updates as you get them (we won't tell anyone...).
      I'm itching to buy one of the new Jeep 4 door Wranglers, but not with the gas motor, so I'm hoping that it is one of the recipients of the new V-6.
      MN

Comment

Working...
      X