Indiana Dodge truck rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Dodge truck rally

I've been giving this some thought and with the help of my wife and others I'm putting together a rally at my place here in NE Indiana. I've set the dates for May 17-18. Right now I have the morning as a meet and greet along with a show and tell. We have lunch and drive 20 minutes to Auburn,IN to the NATMUS Museum which is in one of the original Auburn, Cord, Duesenburg buildings. After touring the museum we do a cruise through Auburn then go back to my place for a weiner roast or whatever the wife decides for a meal. This is open to ALL Dodge trucks including the Ramchargers and late models. I've found that there are several fellow Dodge truck owners in the area and the state so I thought we ought to get together. If you are interested please let me know here or by email 59redtruck@verizon.net so we can get some sort of head count. We don't have a place for trail riding but I think the cruise to the truck museum will compensate for that. I'm located just east of New Haven,IN and will be posting the address and other details as we put the final touches on this event.

Ron,

Sounds great, I was thinking tonight of dropping you a line and asking if there were any spring plans.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Sounds great

Hey Ron,
      Very generous offer you just put on the table, however I am a long ways away from you and I am also missing a complete truck to attend with.
      Once I get my truck finished I may do the same up here in Vernon, BC.
      I am sure I'll get at least two attendees, My wife and myself. :)

Comment

funny how things change

after attending 4 rallys without a truck, one rally with a Border Patrol Ramcharger, now my latest truck will be at a rally without me !

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
          funny how things change after attending 4 rallys without a truck, one rally with a Border Patrol Ramcharger, now my latest truck will be at a rally without me !
          That's ok, I'm sure it will be in good hands!!

And, Ron's got enough trucks to go around for those that won't be able to take a truck... LOL

Pieter

Comment

Pieter no worries

complete faith and confidence in you midwestern guys. Hopefully you can have some fun while performing an evaluation. I'd be greatfull if you would assist in preventing flat spotting of tires = )

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              Hey Ron,
              Very generous offer you just put on the table, however I am a long ways away from you and I am also missing a complete truck to attend with.
              Once I get my truck finished I may do the same up here in Vernon, BC.
              I am sure I'll get at least two attendees, My wife and myself. :)
              Jake, having attended several rallies over the past few years and seeing the friendships made it was inevitable for me to have a rally. I don't know how many fellow Dodge owners you have up your way but if you have the means I highly recommend hosting a rally. Even if you have a small turnout it's worth it.

Comment

Ron - Put down 2 for Jon and Jill. We should be able to make the trip over. We are undecided if we will bring a truck or not. Do you have a name of a near by hotel? We would arrive Friday night.

Jill

Comment

Jill, I've got you down. UNDECIDED! Want do you mean undecided. Surely the PPE needs to visit the home of it's rebirth, LOL There is a new Holiday Inn Express on the east side of New Haven and several motels on the northside of Ft Wayne. I should get that info together since my little rally seems to be drawing more than the Indiana boys and girls. I look forward to seeing you and Jon. Definately no Best Western food around here.

Comment

Which hotel is closest to you? I don't remember to much of what was in your area except for the SMO's. LOL

Jill

Comment

The Holiday Inn express in New Haven is only 6 miles away. SMO's??? You mean the Schmo's as in Amish. The neighbors will really think I've gone over the edge when they see all the trucks and people on May 17th.

Comment

Is Jill STILL teetering?
                        Last edited by Kevin Mienke; 07-11-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                          Jake, having attended several rallies over the past few years and seeing the friendships made it was inevitable for me to have a rally. I don't know how many fellow Dodge owners you have up your way but if you have the means I highly recommend hosting a rally. Even if you have a small turnout it's worth it.
                          I've been thinking of hosting/co-hosting a rendezvous in the Summit County area of Colorado. I suppose it could be considered a Rocky Mountain Hard Corps sanctioned event...but fairly low-key with optional hard core.

If there is any interest in this type of gathering of vintage trail-goin iron, please feel free to contact me through these forums...I'm usually lurking here somewhere...from time-to-time!

C.D.
                          1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                          1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                          2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
                          1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
                          1954 Ford 860 tractor
                          1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
                          UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

My Indiana Dodge truck rally is growing with 33 saying they will attend. I'm hoping to finalize details so Jill can post a registration page for me. The turnout is more than I expected which is great. I firmed up the plans with the NATMUS Museum in Auburn today and they are looking forward to our visit. The dates again are May17-18 in New Haven, IN. Stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                              My Indiana Dodge truck rally is growing with 33 saying they will attend.
                              Woo Hoo :o)

Comment

Working...
                              X