2009 Rocky Mountain Rendezvous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheyenne Dave View Post
    I can't imagine where you are getting some of these distances; must be your GPS is loopy. Unless you are hangin with the crows, Fairplay is over 40 miles from Chalk Lake by hard road. However, if you traveled Chaffee County road 162 over to Tin Cup, you rolled right past our camp-site, banner and all. Must be you took Cottonwood Pass...
    C.D.
    Computers don't make mistakes...however if I had been able to read the Chalk Lake hint I would have re-calibrated....= )
    What side of the road was your banner on? I must have been looking at the Wyo-Tech Cheerleaders on the other side of the road...at Chalk Creek...

Comment

Natrup, Lathrup,........creek, lake. What's the difference? Maybe you are just to picky Norm. lol

All kidding aside those are some great pictures and I wish I could have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
        Computers don't make mistakes...however if I had been able to read the Chalk Lake hint I would have re-calibrated....= )
        What side of the road was your banner on? I must have been looking at the Wyo-Tech Cheerleaders on the other side of the road...at Chalk Creek...
        I KNEW bringing those girls along would be trouble! See Keith? I TOLD ya so!
        However, Norm, we were on the same side of the road as the Creek. Doncha just hate that?

C.D.
        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
        2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
        1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
        1954 Ford 860 tractor
        1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
        UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Rmr

Seriously, a warm and thankfull attaboy to Keith for picking such neat and clean accommodations with an abundance of links (with addresses) to several alternative sites. My only complaint was that the Mt. Princeton Hot Springs closed so early in the evening. After a day of driving and working out evening meals, it was too much of a rush to get on down to the hot springs. Maybe next year we could "modify" the Alaskan into a portable sauna...C.D.
          Thanks Dave. You know, we passed the hat around the camp ground, trying to pony-up enough bribe money to get the counter babe at the hot springs pool to keep the showers open past their 9 PM closing - like until midnight - so that you could enjoy a leisurely, relaxed shower. But it was a no-go with her! She grumbled something about not wanting Wyoming cheerleaders cavorting around all hours of the night - must of heard of your reputation.

Anyway, here is a shot of Dave leaving the camp ground, early in the day, to make sure he got to the showers on time. Photo courtesy of Rick Sultan:
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is Dave, cheating fate, knowing full-well that he is going uphill and away from the showers!
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice shots guys!
              Rick was there? I didn't see any Liberty photos???

Comment

Originally posted by OLD DODGE View Post
                Natrup, Lathrup,........creek, lake. What's the difference? Maybe you are just to picky Norm. lol

All kidding aside those are some great pictures and I wish I could have been there.
                Colorado, Kansas...whatever...
                Seriously (really!) I'd like a little more heads up next year, I might actually have a running vehicle...or pictures of one...

Comment

Originally posted by Keith in CO View Post
                  Thanks Dave. You know, we passed the hat around the camp ground, trying to pony-up enough bribe money to get the counter babe at the hot springs pool to keep the showers open past their 9 PM closing - like until midnight - so that you could enjoy a leisurely, relaxed shower. But it was a no-go with her! She grumbled something about not wanting Wyoming cheerleaders cavorting around all hours of the night - must of heard of your reputation.

Anyway, here is a shot of Dave leaving the camp ground, early in the day, to make sure he got to the showers on time. Photo courtesy of Rick Sultan:
                  Actually, I was heading uphill in this one too! What Keith meant to say was that I was leaving early to get to the trail-head on time. Having the only 6 cylinder in the group, GUS needs a head start. Now Keith thinks this is quaint, but it's better than holding the group up!

And speaking of Rick: I believe somewhere the bi-laws specifically require Jeep guys to cook dinner. This rule was flagrantly violated each and every night...and guess who made it to the hot springs on time?! The Sultan of the NorthWest! Somebody call the Sargent At Arms!!!

A couple of nice shots, Rick...I rarely get to see pix of GUS in action. Thanks!

C.D.
                  1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                  1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                  2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
                  1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
                  1954 Ford 860 tractor
                  1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
                  UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Iron Chest trail

All photos by Rick Sultan
                    Attached Files

Comment

Mary Murphy Mine enroute to Pomoroy Lake

photo Rick Sultan
                      Attached Files

Comment

m also trying to get my one restoration running. ll be there.

Contract Hire

Comment

Actually, I was heading uphill in this one too! What Keith meant to say was that I was leaving early to get to the trail-head on time. Having the only 6 cylinder in the group, GUS needs a head start. Now Keith thinks this is quaint, but it's better than holding the group up!

And speaking of Rick: I believe somewhere the bi-laws specifically require Jeep guys to cook dinner. This rule was flagrantly violated each and every night...and guess who made it to the hot springs on time?! The Sultan of the NorthWest! Somebody call the Sargent At Arms!!!

A couple of nice shots, Rick...I rarely get to see pix of GUS in action. Thanks!

C.D.
                          So...if I wanted to cook, I'd have to bring a Jeep???

Comment

looks like you guys had a blast! Ill have to make it next go around when my m is on the road. As for the wyotech cheerleaders, where the heck were they when i was up there? 6 women went to the whole school, i feel robbed now :)

Comment

Working...
                            X