Moab, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab, etc.

Representitives of the RMHC will be wheeling in Moab again in November. Keith in CO said he's planning for the 7th through the 12th, and it looks like I can make it then as well. We'll try to get Carl Buckingham to bring TOO OLD down as well, although I doubt he'll need too much coxing...

Contact Keith or myself and maybe we can get some other old iron together and ride the Slick Rock!

I will likely be in Summit County, Colorado before and after Moab, just in case that works for anyone wanting some alpine adventure. Mountains or desert, it's all good!

C.D.
    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Hi Dave!
    I'm right in the middle of several projects, but take a lot of photos for me!

Comment

I'll do my best, Norm! Maybe I'll remember my camera this time. Keith is usually on top of things like this too.

C.D.
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

It looks like everything is a "go" for Moab. Thus far, there are only 2 trucks slatted for this adventure, with a third truck making a possible last minute appearance.

I have found some very nice, reasonable accommodations and there is still room "at the Inn" if you act soon. This is a great time of year to be in Slick Rock country as the weather is mild and people are relatively sparse.

There will also be a chance to explore Arches N.P. Several months ago, one of my favorite arches collapsed and I am eager to explore the ruins.

C.D.
        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
        1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Update

Carl Buckingham will be bringing Too Old to Moab for an abrieviated stay, so we are now up to 3 trucks. If any of you guys "just happen to be in the area", stop on by!

I have been in Summit Co, Colorado since Monday and haven't even had GUS off the trailer! Been working on a house project here and have had no time to wheel.

A promised snow storm moved in early this morning and threatens to dump a fair amount of snow here by midnite. So long as I can get out of here on Friday, I'll just keep workin away inside.

C.D.
          1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
          1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
          1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

You're killing me Dave! It was last year at this time, when I was in Moab. It's the perfect time to go, drier weather than October and less crowded than the summer months. Still a few shops and vendors open and very happy to see visitors... and still a great place to be....= )

Comment

Moab in November

Have a bunch of fun there. It's Novemburrr! here in Wyoming, but it's usually quite nice in Moab now. A trip to Salina, Utah is on for this weekend to pick up a small John Deere 4X4 tractor, but that is still about 150 miles from Moab.

Comment

Well boys, I had to leave early. Only one day of wheeling and I broke the right rear axle shaft about 2/3rds out on Steel Bender.

Carl helped me over the offending ledge and I was able to complete the trail unassisted, thanks to the rear Lock Right. Keith, Jeremy and Carl went out on Moab Rim Sunday and ****'s Revenge yesterday.

Looks like the rest will be coming in an article. I'll post a pic or two in the Subscribers Forum.

C.D.
                1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Originally posted by Cheyenne Dave View Post
                  Well boys, I had to leave early. Only one day of wheeling and I broke the right rear axle shaft about 2/3rds out on Steel Bender.

Carl helped me over the offending ledge and I was able to complete the trail unassisted, thanks to the rear Lock Right. Keith, Jeremy and Carl went out on Moab Rim Sunday and ****'s Revenge yesterday.

Looks like the rest will be coming in an article. I'll post a pic or two in the Subscribers Forum.

C.D.
                  Thank you!
                  Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                    Thank you!
                    We're going to have to modify the "Bad Word" software. The name of the Trail that has been edited is widely accepted...and Heck's Revenge just looses a little punch somehow...

C.D.
                    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                    1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

There's gonna be Heck to pay over that....= )

Comment

what you said...
                        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                        1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Moab Nov. 2009

Good weather, uncrowded trails, cheap motels, and fuel at much lower rates. Ran "Heck's" Revenge, Fins & Things north and south, Little Lion's Back, and Moab Rim. I was a day late, and Gus had already broken (hard to follow the 4WD big dogs with 3WD!) Trail carnage for me was steering linkage pulling apart, wheel stud broke (again) on the hummer rims, cracked rear shackle, and an alternator which seized the last day at the end of the trail.
                          Attached Files

Comment

More Moab

My son rode his Suzi on most of the trails
                            Attached Files

Comment

Moab Carnage Reducers

The tail light tubes saved my tail lights from certain destruction many times, and my rock rail running boards worked like a charm
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X