Brakes Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes Question

Will a master brake cylinder re-build kit for a WM300 work for a '52 M37?

Seems to my mind that I should just try it (cost isnt too bad), but I would really appreciate any feedback you guys can give me!

The kit # is NAPA United #1.

However I highly recommend against attempting to rebuild, seldom are rebuilds servicable for long until leaking and other issues arise again. When you consider the cost of a new M/C, it is very resonable as compared to the kit cost and the labor required to rebuild the best you can. The usual problem is rust pits in the cylinder bore, generally by the time you hone it enough to get rid of the pits, the bore is too large and out of spec, thus the results are a short service life if it has a life at all. If you don't hone the pits out, it's time and money wasted. A new M/C is the only sensible way to fly.

We have new M/C's along with most other MV parts sources.

Comment

hey thanks for the info!

What is the model # of the master cylinder?

How much do you sell them for?

Comment

Originally posted by pwrwagonfire View Post
        hey thanks for the info!

What is the model # of the master cylinder?

How much do you sell them for?
        F544 is the model#. The cost is $65 plus shipping.

Comment

Charles-

Thank you very much! Recieved the master cylinder a week ago, and this past weekend installed it in working order.

High quality part; it was a pleasure doing buisness with you

Comment

Charles-

Thank you very much! Recieved the master cylinder a week ago, and this past weekend installed it in working order.

High quality part; it was a pleasure doing buisness with you
            Glad we could be of help. Charles

Comment

Charles-

Would it be possible for me to order 4 new wheel cylinders through yourself/your company like I did with the master cylinder?

What would the cost of these be? I need two left and two right.

(I am hoping your answer will be yes, but if you are not in the buisness of selling individual parts I understand)

Thanks in advance

Comment

Charles-

Would it be possible for me to order 4 new wheel cylinders through yourself/your company like I did with the master cylinder?

What would the cost of these be? I need two left and two right.

(I am hoping your answer will be yes, but if you are not in the buisness of selling individual parts I understand)

Thanks in advance
                If we have it to spare, I'm happy to sell it to you. We have these in stock, cost is $33.75 each, plus shipping.

Comment

Charles;

You can count me in for 4 (2 left, 2 right), and if you let me know what the cost of shipping would be, I will send out a check to you early next week.

I will include a letter as last time, with the quote.

Thank you very much!

-Tom

Comment

Charles;

You can count me in for 4 (2 left, 2 right), and if you let me know what the cost of shipping would be, I will send out a check to you early next week.

I will include a letter as last time, with the quote.

Thank you very much!

-Tom
                    Send me your shipping address, I'll get it together. Charles

Comment

Fed-Ex rate

Tom,
                      The shipping to sent 4 wheel cylinders via Fed-Ex Home Delivery is $11.77

Comment

Alright, sounds good! I will put the check in the mail.

Comment

Charles,

This may be a long shot, but I am in need of new piston rings and valve seals for my 1952 M37...would I be able to purchase these parts from M-Series Rebuild as well?

Also, would my motor require a head gasket with a separate "hump" for the water pump?

Comment

Charles,

This may be a long shot, but I am in need of new piston rings and valve seals for my 1952 M37...would I be able to purchase these parts from M-Series Rebuild as well?

Also, would my motor require a head gasket with a separate "hump" for the water pump?
                            The 230 engine used in M37's have no valve seals. I'm not sure what you are going for here as you are asking for a ring set. Just replacing rings is not something I would advise, if you plan to rebuild your engine, you will be needing a lot more than just rings. The correct head gasket will be included in a rebuild gasket set.

Comment

Charles,

Thank you much! This is one area on vehicles I do not have experience with (heavy engine work), and my so called "expert mechanic" best friend had advised me to get those parts to fix my oil in the spark plugs, and burning oil problem.

I appreciate you steering me out of my wrong direction!

Comment

Working...
                              X