No announcement yet.

"BUDD" M37B1 truck to air on SPEED channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really, we got so much to do, always other projects waiting. It's great to see a smiling customer too, makes it worthwhile.

Comment

[QUOTE=gusbratz;87683]
      Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
      Interesting , If I were just watching that with no idea of how that truck got to the point it is in I would have thought that the owner did it all himself.

I have never been to a car show but I always assumed that anybody displaying a vehicle would have built it themselves as their hobby for their own enjoyment. I never would have thought that anyone would pay somebody else to do it or just outright buy it from another collector and go and display it and be proud of it like it was their creation. Seems kind of weird to me. I thought the same thing kieserboy when he said things like we put this here and we used this there.
      Prior to tackling the M37 I had a 1953 MGTD. It was sort of a barn find. It ran sort of and the body was in good shape. I spent two years getting it up and running and looking great.
      We took it to a few British car shows and actually took home a trophy or two.
      There was another fellow that also had a TD. He bought it as is from some one that did a total 100% rebuild to concourse condition. The car was just perfect in every way. The owner would trailer it to the show and then drive it a short distance to the show.
      He won top prize every show and he went to every show.
      I thought I felt better getting third prize because I did 99% of the work on the car myself.
      All he could say was ,"I bought it this way". If you asked him any question about the car he would just smile and say , I am not a mechanic.

Comment

Working...
      X