• Show
Clear All

• Timing cover off

Not bad shape, some slop, will replace

Intake pulled

Comment

• Another view without the intake

Dropped the oil pan, will replace the oil pump while I am in there

Pulled the heads off too while I was at it, why not right?

Comment

• All in all the engine was in pretty good shape. It ran before I took it apart, so I am going to leave the pistons, crank, all that jazz. Why mess with it? Right now I am trying to clean up all the parts so I can paint them and put it back together with new gaskets and what not.

I'm picking up the frame either this week or next. Just got a call that it was finished, but need to figure out a way to transport it. Think this will cut it?

The newest addition to the family!

And the fleet is growing....

Picked up this beauty from GL last week. I couldn't resist :-) Runs great with only 8,000 miles on it. Best part was I drove it off the lot, no restoration required. Only investment so far was two batteries. This one is going to my dad though, I'm sticking with the M37. While I have it though, maybe I will be able to pick up the M37 frame with it. Pics and details to come.

On another note, since I had decided to ditch the original straight six, I have some parts I ordered that never got installed. Mainly a brand new carburetor and fuel pump. I was going to create a new thread with pics, but if someone is interested just PM me. Bought them both from Vintage Power Wagons, will sell them for $50 less than I bought them for. Both were installed but never used. The truck never ran.

Carter Carb $200 (originally $250)
        Fuel Pump $100 (originally $150)

We can work shipping out. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Good to see you back and making progress!

Comment

• Originally posted by JStinson View Post
            Good to see you back and making progress!
            Thanks man! Been watching your thread too, love watching your progress as well.

Comment

• Picked up the frame today from the sandblaster, it's looking sweet. Thought I would share some pictures.

Comment

• Comment

• Oh, and just to assure me they can handle the big stuff, the guy working there showed me this!

They were painting a ferris wheel. Who paints a ferris wheel, indoors? haha

So there it is. The dirt marks were just from the rain, they rubbed off with my fingers. 10 minutes with a wet sponge should be good to go. Overall I'm pleased, although paying the bill was painful. It will be worth it. Keep telling yourself that, it will be worth it!

Comment

• Man that looks great. They did a beautiful job on it.

Comment

• Finally back to making some progress! Figured since it was cold out, I can't really work outside so I might as well work on what I can in smaller doses. I decided to start with the axles, since I will need them to put the chassis back together. Had a **** of a time getting it from my friend's yard to my M-Haul, but we made it.

Rear axle still in one piece with the springs, shocks and drive shaft attached.

Might need some PB Blast and a torch.

Finally got the U-Bolts off. I think I will have to replace them.

Comment

• After some messing with, I was able to free the shocks from their mounts.

These bolts that go through the shock, do they come standard with the replacement set? Or do you/can you buy them separately?

This explains why I need to replace them.

I'm hoping to get the axles town apart and put back together within the next month or so. Figure that's a pretty modest goal. I'll keep you guys posted.

Comment

• Made a little more progress on the axles. Pulled out the axle shafts, bearing, etc. When I took it all apart, water leaked out. And there was no gear oil. This could only mean bad things.

One side out. Getting the hub assembly off was a real problem. I had to take it off with the drum because I couldn't get the three screws loose. Also, getting the brake shoes to release tension wasn't easy either, even after messing with the adjusters.

I would say these are pretty shot. Black marks all over them.

The race is pretty done too. Looks like I will have to replace it as well.

Still have to pull apart the other side and see how it fairs. I am sure it's going to be a similar story.

Comment

• Ouch,
                            I hate to ask but did you check the contents of the gear box or transfer box? If the truck was in deep enough water to get in the rear there may be water in the gear box also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
                              Ouch,
                              I hate to ask but did you check the contents of the gear box or transfer box? If the truck was in deep enough water to get in the rear there may be water in the gear box also.
                              Haven't gotten that far yet, that's next. It's not looking good. The nice thing is I have a donor truck so if it's shot, I have options.

Comment

• Jrod:

Very nice project, thanks for all the posts.

I'm at Ft. Meade too, I live a closer to Annapolis though. It does not look like you are in the city though?

I'll bring my PW to work one day, but I have to stay off Route 32 since I struggles to go 40 MPH....

Wayne
                                Davidsonville, MD

Comment

Working...
                                X