• Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Pretty pretty pretty...

Comment

• That sounds like a great deal Wes!

Comment

• Frame Paint

I shot some paint on the frame today. I got two coats on the bottom side. I still have to flip it and paint the top as well.

Brings a tear to my eye.

Comment

• I guess it's been a while since I explained this, but for those who are confused at this point and might be thinking "wait, didn't this guy have a complete frame ready to go? What's he doing with this one?". Well, I got another M37 for parts, and it turned out to be in such great shape that I had no choice but to use the frame off of it instead.

So, here's some progress:

I got the frame completely painted. Also a few other parts.

Seems like someone else here disassembled their Carryall and restored the pieces and posted images of the "kit" that he had built up. I guess this is the beginning stage of my M37 kit.

Comment

• Just found this thread and REALLY enjoyed the read.

I'm amazed at the progress and quality of work that you are accomplishing as a "hobby".

Keep it up and thanks for all the pictures.
              1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
              1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
              1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                That sounds like a great deal Wes!
                Bruce, I certainly was not going to turn it down!

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                Just found this thread and REALLY enjoyed the read.

I'm amazed at the progress and quality of work that you are accomplishing as a "hobby".

Keep it up and thanks for all the pictures.
                I appreciate the compliments! It's been a fun and educational experience.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JStinson;94560]I guess it's been a while since I explained this, but for those who are confused at this point and might be thinking "wait, didn't this guy have a complete frame ready to go? What's he doing with this one?". Well, I got another M37 for parts, and it turned out to be in such great shape that I had no choice but to use the frame off of it instead.

I was one of those guys. I wondered that you found some misplaced pics and posted them. Thanks for clearing that up.
                  This has been a great thread so far. Really nice pics of your progress, and descriptions, too. Keep them coming!

Comment

• Update

I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy with other things. However, I've gotten a lot of work done on the truck since last time. Mostly blasting and priming work. Here are some pictures.

Comment

• The previous post was from a week ago. These pictures are from today. The reason the rims are still in the picture is because I discovered crud in the inside of the rim, in the crevice where the metal that bolts to the axle hits the outside rim. I'm not sure if that makes sense. Either way, it needed more blasting.

The bed floor turned out really well. It's in very good shape and I'm very fortunate to have gotten it. The only problem is that it had a bad spot on the front left corner.

Comment

• I decided to try my hand at patching metal.

Comment

• I thought it turned out pretty good. Hopefully I can get some paint on it soon. On Monday, I'm going down to the shop that's doing my engine rebuild to shoot some paint on the engine. After that, they'll finish it up and I'll bring it home to finish it up with all the electronics and whatnot. Slow going, but progress is progress.

Comment

• Awesome pictures, can't wait to see the assembly process.

Comment

• Now that's a sandblaster! Nice work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Norselander View Post
                                Now that's a sandblaster! Nice work!
                                Yah seriously, what's the specs on that sandblaster?

Comment

Working...
                                X