Blast and Paint Booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" That's one of the best ideas I've ever seen. Thanks for the idea!"

Better than 156db PVC and oil funnel train horns?

No really, thanks though! Be happy to send/post "build pics" if anyone wants them. That shop looks awesome, I wish i had that much room!Good luck!

Comment

Ha, that's pretty cool.

Could you post the build pics of the blasting booth as a thread?

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...splay.php?f=14

That would be the proper section. I doubt I'm the only one that wants to know how to do that.

Comment

"Could you post the build pics of the blasting booth as a thread?"

Yes sir! you bet, thanks for the link for the noob, will load up pics and get r dun soon. Thanks again

Kyle

Comment

Thank you everyone for chiming in with the warnings. I am going to take the advice and bypass the PVC system and hook the blaster straight to the hose. Better safe than sorry. :-)

Comment

I'd use a real good respirator, rated for paint fumes with carbon in it, or even a forced air mask if you can find a little diaphragm air pump..

Your going to also need some good ventilation for painting in there, blasting in a cloud of dust isn't the same as painting in a cloud of paint.

You can likely find an old used industrial fan, or some squirrel cage blowers from a HVAC or something, just be sure the motors aren't going to be in the fumes or that they are of a type rated to not ignite fumes. Pushing air in would be simplest with an old air conditioner system squirrel cage or two with a good home AC filter for inlet, a carbon filter for outlet.

I used a small used industrial fan and regular air conditioning filters from lowes for my DIY blast paint booth, and when I painted I added a carbon filter made for home air conditioning I bought at lowes to control the paint going out of the booth.

Comment

Working...
            X