M37 on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about "Combat"

So far as I can tell no one has mentioned Combat the 60's tv show starring Vic Morrow as Sgt Saunders. The M37 is used on both sides sometimes its done up for the germans other episodes it is US. Also they use an early dodge command car as a staff car for the germans. I don't know how to stop and capture a frame from the series or I would post pictures.

Comment

"Combat" used the WC-6 Dodge Command Car for the Germans. As far as "Combat" vehicles were concerned they were pathetic. The German M-37 and the American M-37, I think were the same truck with only a iron cross or a star on the door. Dueces were almost always M-34/35's (post war) and tanks (German or U.S.) were the M-41 Walker Bulldog, again probably the same tank.

I loved the show and saw every episode, but even as a teenager, you could easily spot vehicle flaws.

TTT

Comment

One of the reasons I like the show nowdays is to see where the M37 pops up!! Is it wearing the iron cross or white star?! Is Saunders and the rest of the stars in it or does it just sit in the background? In one episode there is a gun battle and the stars take cover around the M37. They don't get hit but the M gets it in the radiator!!! bleeding water!!! I didn't have an M37 when the show was on years ago. But like the Battle of the Bulge you just accepted the fact that the german stuff was not available. The show was mostly shot on a back lot in Hollywood and at a winery in California. Ever notice all the eucalyptus trees in the scenes?

Comment

Combat was shot near Santa Paula, just north of LA. Ironically that location is where Morrow was killed while filming the movie "Twilight Zone".

Comment

Mister Roberts

Several M37s are shown when the crew is brought back to their ship during shore leave after a night of fun.

Comment

Rat Patrol

I just caught an episode of 'Rat Patrol' on OnDemand, and an M-37 makes an appearance at the end to transport one of the wounded regular characters, as the others drive off in their Jeeps.

Like most other shows, the German vehicles are not very authentic -- US half-tracks are used by the Germans, but at least a few of the German trucks look European...

Andy

Comment

Just rented the new Indiana Jones and they use and wreck an M37 in the opening scenes.

Comment

Saw an M37 with a wrecker boom in the movie "Its a mad mad mad mad world" the other day on the tube...

The boom was mounted inside the original box, which lends me to think it was just a prop setup. I'm under the impression that the real wrecker setup was a full box replacement, much like a current tow truck...

I had to laugh during the movie when it shows the M37 passing cars on the highway, and the tire squealing sound as it went around corners...haha we all know that an M37 can do neither of these! hahaha

Comment

Hey that movie was overall funny . The gas station in the movie that the truck came from is also a joke. Squeeling tires on a m is pretty funny unless its got something under the hood better than a 230 six.

Comment

Saw one in the "Relic Hunter" tv show the other day. I really enjoyed how the adventuresome lady hotwired the starter from the dash...ha!

Comment

Working...
                      X